Rocky Mountain Ti Bolt

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
'93 Ti Bolt I've owned since '95. Got to do the brake cables some time - currently rubber bands!!!

Attachments

• Image046ss.jpg
    Image046ss.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 7,544
  • Image047ss.jpg
    Image047ss.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 7,544
I like it a lot, but a) ditch the green tyres and b) ditch the risers ;)

Then, it'd be perfect :cool:

Comfy?! Pah! Who cares about comfy, get some flat bars on there and a 150mm stem! Your back has got to be parallel to the TT! ;)

:LOL:

Hey, it's your build, you build it how you want it. We all have different tastes and styles. Personally I think it looks just fine apart from the colours.

;)

That's a superb bike, and it looks great with the RockShox forks. It's well worthy of some more pics out in the sunny Devon countryside methinks. I do agree with the others about the tyres - they'd look better on the other bike - but I don't think there's too much red, just provided the tyres were black to add to the black in the forks.

Incidentally if the grips are Onza Ules, I used some for years just like that before suddenly finding out that they were designed to be fitted with the thinner end outboard. All a matter of taste obviously, but I thought I'd at least try them thin-out and guess what? I found I far preferred them that way, now my favourite grip. So I now have new Ules thin-out on all my bikes. Could be worth trying anyway.

tiboltrider123, did you used to attend/ race the south west series races in the early/ mid 90s? there used to be a ti bolt covered in red parts at those races I used to see a lot :)

scant":2ikcl3pj said:
tiboltrider123, did you used to attend/ race the south west series races in the early/ mid 90s? there used to be a ti bolt covered in red parts at those races I used to see a lot :)

Hi. Nah, I guy called Allister who used to ride for Simply the Bike was the first owner of the frame. He used to race it fitted with Ritchey Logic Unicrowns in red. The second owner was Steve Weir of On A Bike (now gone). He now works for Flow/Sanderson. Steve may have raced it a couple of times. I've had it since '95 and it just get used for dog walking these days! :D

tiboltrider123":3no7suxt said:
scant":3no7suxt said:

Hi. Nah, I guy called Allister who used to ride for Simply the Bike was the first owner of the frame. He used to race it fitted with Ritchey Logic Unicrowns in red. The second owner was Steve Weir of On A Bike (now gone). He now works for Flow/Sanderson. Steve may have raced it a couple of times. I've had it since '95 and it just get used for dog walking these days! :D

yeh, i remember the simply the bike guys :)

Latest posts

Back