KHS Montana XT Complete 15th Feb

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Now finished and quite chuffed I am too:D For a budget build its came out rather nice, closer inspection will reveal flaws but I don't care it gives a used patina to it. 2 minor jobs left, fit a sharkfin and bottle bolts. Managed to find a pair of XT pedals too which pretty much gives full XT bar the levers which are Ritchey. Anyway some pics

3281371610_ae5fa3da60_b.jpg

3281373208_70cc3d92ef_b.jpg

3280581489_2cae98fa35_b.jpg

3281371970_9a6d8fe7a6_b.jpg

3281369988_8057aa9465_b.jpg

I like this...

I think U Brake bikes look superb as singlespeeds- this one with the semi horzontal dropouts too would be perfect.

Big fat tyres- Shimano and Tioga components- sorted!

:cool:

Nice one, love all the lug work detail and the colour is very cool- look forward to your progress.

I vote for functional not bling but WTFDIK?

Pretty much the same here, a basic functional build as it is (no respray), i'm not totaly converted to the idea of single speeds so it'd be XT gears for me.

What size is it, 18" ?

CTK I here ya, and was gonna break my cannondale up to pay and furnish bits but.....changed my mind. I don't have a rigid geared bike so this will fill the gap.

Still going to go with build up cheaply/functionally and ride it.

Jimi it was listed a s a 21" :shock: but reckon it was BITD geometry and it has a top tube of 22" which is pretty much equivalent of my 18" GT and 16" stumpie.

IMHO I tend to agree this would make a great single speed.

You did the right thing not breaking the cannondale it is too shiny to lose :cool:

But this good steel frame would not creak when you stood on the pedals ;)

:twisted: 1 x7/8/9 for the cannnondale :twisted:

Whatever you do I am sure the KHS is in good hands.

Cheers mike :D

The temptation is strong to go SS but I have a few rules I can't seem to break, this is a new one though. Because the bikes a montana XT I can't get away from building it with full XT, don't know why but it just doesn't sit right if I don't. :roll: Will probably have a couple of modern bits here and there too which is in some eyes is more sacrilegious but I can't escape that XT moniker.

You've got rip that U brake off from under the chainstays and fit an upside down Magura, Now that would be :cool: and different.

exbiker":12lsqmef said:
You've got rip that U brake off from under the chainstays and fit an upside down Magura, Now that would be :cool: and different.

Noooooo :LOL:

Impressed with the maguras, but not for this :D

If you decide to repaint I have a NOS Tange frame sticker the same as the one that is currently on :D

Leave the U brake on :cool:

WD :D

Back