Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 pm
Posts: 871
Location: Huddersfield
Frame: Klein Attitude Team USA (1990)

Fork: Klein Attitude Box Crown

Headset: Klein
Stem: MC1
Handlebar: MC1
Grips: ODI Attack
Barends: nope

Brakes: Ritchey Logic (silver)
Brake Pads: Jagwire Pro
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills (silver)
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic

Shifters: XT M732 thumbies
Front Derailleur: XTR M953
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952 shortcage
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: Shimano 105 (12-26)
Chain: Shimano HG70
Cranks: Ritchey Logic
Crank Bolts: Ritchey
Chainrings: Ritchey Logic
Chainring bolts: Silver Alu
Bottom Bracket: Klein
Pedals: XT

Hub Skewers: XT
Rims: M261CD
Hubs: XT M732
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: IRC Notos
Tubes: Continental Schraeder

Saddle: Bontrager Titec
Seatpost: XC-Pro
Seatpost Binder: Silver alu

Weight: 22.5lbs


Attachments:
klein_002_105.jpg
klein_002_105.jpg [ 161.27 KiB | Viewed 4859 times ]
klein_004_158.jpg
klein_004_158.jpg [ 126 KiB | Viewed 4859 times ]


Last edited by daveaasmith on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
Mechs have gotta be M900, surely? :?

(If not period XT??)


Last edited by Tallpaul on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 4916
Damn double posting :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 pm
Posts: 871
Location: Huddersfield
Tallpaul wrote:
Mechs have gotta be M900, surely? :?

(If not period XT??)


Know what you mean. I've got the impression M900 is too rare for me to hang around and wait for - seem to be a lot of you guys after it as well. I have the period correct XT stuff, but it's so damn heavy, and a bit tatty - would let the frame down. These two XTR mechs came around at quite a good price, so decided to go for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:10 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:50 pm
Posts: 2024
Location: Yorkshuh
daveaasmith wrote:
Tallpaul wrote:
Mechs have gotta be M900, surely? :?

(If not period XT??)


Know what you mean. I've got the impression M900 is too rare for me to hang around and wait for - seem to be a lot of you guys after it as well. I have the period correct XT stuff, but it's so damn heavy, and a bit tatty - would let the frame down. These two XTR mechs came around at quite a good price, so decided to go for them.


Now there are laws and there are laws . Seems to me that M952/3 is downright illegal on a frame like that. :twisted:
PM me about some M900 stuff... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:35 pm
Posts: 3071
Nice framekit!

If you put on 952-3 parts on that the fashion police is going to kill you.... :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:05 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:36 pm
Posts: 3434
Location: Cambs UK
Nice.
I'd go M900.
You could just replace the components you pick up gradually as you go?
Maybe its my screen but the Magenta looks really red?
J


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:57 pm 
BoTM Winner | Feature Bike | Gold Trader
BoTM Winner | Feature Bike | Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:39 pm
Posts: 2282
Location: Finland
No M95X XTR for the Klein please. XT M735 or XTR M900 would be much better choice, XT being more period correct.

How about silver Ritchey or black Deore XT seatpost instead of SunTour ?

Are the tyres with skinwall (hopefully) ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:03 pm 
Klein Guru / BOTM Winner

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Houston TX
if the front der is a top swing (clamp below the cage) the clamp will be where the flag sticker is and it will damage the sticker.

Carsten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:20 pm
Posts: 871
Location: Huddersfield
Corduroyboy wrote:
[Now there are laws and there are laws . Seems to me that M952/3 is downright illegal on a frame like that. :twisted:
PM me about some M900 stuff... :wink:


OOh, sounds good - PM'd ya...

Martin wrote:
Nice framekit!

If you put on 952-3 parts on that the fashion police is going to kill you.... :(


Point taken (see above :wink: )

jonrock wrote:
Nice.
I'd go M900.
You could just replace the components you pick up gradually as you go?
Maybe its my screen but the Magenta looks really red?
J


Thanks - again, see above, definitely want M900 going forward, just desparate to get riding it, and didn't want to put tatty heavy M735 mechs on it.

As for the magenta - definitely is magenta, it's actually slightly lighter than normal as the sun's done its bit to fade it :oops:

Archangel wrote:
No M95X XTR for the Klein please. XT M735 or XTR M900 would be much better choice, XT being more period correct.

How about silver Ritchey or black Deore XT seatpost instead of SunTour ?

Are the tyres with skinwall (hopefully) ?


Hee hee, again, M900 eventually yeah!
I'd prefer a black seatpost - am looking out for something suitable, just the XC-pro came with the frame!
IRC Notos - amberwall yeah, have been discussed before actually, and are slightly more on the rust side of amber :? :shock: :D

Carsten wrote:
if the front der is a top swing (clamp below the cage) the clamp will be where the flag sticker is and it will damage the sticker.

Carsten


Although this will be replaced eventually, it's a bottom swing, so sits nicely above the sticker!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cheshire1980, Eagach, Klein-aficionado, MADJEZ, Smithjss70, Spanky22b and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group