Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:51 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm
Posts: 1189
Location: East Yorkshire
Like this:


Attachments:
RetroBike.PNG
RetroBike.PNG [ 11.28 KiB | Viewed 207 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 pm 
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 23107
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
Still loving the spangles font


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm
Posts: 1189
Location: East Yorkshire
The History Man wrote:
Still loving the spangles font



There's space for Spangles.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:35 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm
Posts: 4642
Location: peak district
Are we going for another RB jersey, or a jersey with RB as one of the logo's?

While going for the former could result in more sales, im thinking a toned down version to sell on the forum after the event, i feel for now that just adding it as a prominent sponsor type logo would be a better option, maybe opening up more room for fancy, spangley designs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:28 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 pm
Posts: 3768
Location: Rushden......ish
@Regan
Has anyone asked the Guvnor for permission to use the Retrobike name/Logo? just as a courtesy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5718
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Gruff wrote:
@Regan
Has anyone asked the Guvnor for permission to use the Retrobike name/Logo? just as a courtesy.



I think that ship sailed a few years ago, If ever there was a place - of the people, by the people and for the people .... Its today’s Retro Bike


I think it’s clear by the lack of input of late - we’re by enlarge totally on our own these days,

Personally I wouldn’t waste my time with a PM, really appreciate what John did and mean no malice here - but he’s walked away !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 2313
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Retro Spud wrote:
How about defunk Retro sponcers from the 80’s and 90’s such as QuickSave or Linbar or Gateway / Safeway’s just for a spoof


Nice idea, two ways to think on this one perhaps:

get some highstreet names still around today but the old branding like Halfords, McD's etc. get the 80s / 90s branding out on show.

Attachment:
HALFORDS_'94_LOGO.png
HALFORDS_'94_LOGO.png [ 5.7 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]

Attachment:
visa.jpg
visa.jpg [ 19.34 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]


maybe better to go with dead brands - thinking of my childhood memories: Rumbelows, Woolworths, Blockbuster, Dixons, JJB, Comet, C&A, Texas, etc. Maybe too soon for toys r us, maplin etc :(


Attachments:
apple.jpg
apple.jpg [ 39.23 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:57 pm 
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 23107
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
Has to be obviously defunct brand sponsors.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 pm
Posts: 3768
Location: Rushden......ish
Retro Spud wrote:
Gruff wrote:
@Regan
Has anyone asked the Guvnor for permission to use the Retrobike name/Logo? just as a courtesy.



I think that ship sailed a few years ago, If ever there was a place - of the people, by the people and for the people .... Its today’s Retro Bike


I think it’s clear by the lack of input of late - we’re by enlarge totally on our own these days,

Personally I wouldn’t waste my time with a PM, really appreciate what John did and mean no malice here - but he’s walked away !



BUT... he still owns it including the name and logo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 5313
Gruff wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
Gruff wrote:
@Regan
Has anyone asked the Guvnor for permission to use the Retrobike name/Logo? just as a courtesy.



I think that ship sailed a few years ago, If ever there was a place - of the people, by the people and for the people .... Its today’s Retro Bike


I think it’s clear by the lack of input of late - we’re by enlarge totally on our own these days,

Personally I wouldn’t waste my time with a PM, really appreciate what John did and mean no malice here - but he’s walked away !



BUT... he still owns it including the name and logo.


This is a can of worms.

It's not like this sites content disclaimer is 3 years out of date...oh hang on...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group