Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:03 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: 1993 KHS Montana Pro
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Picked this up cheap on Gumtree, probably about a year ago, but never got round to posting it up. Better pics of it's current guise to follow, but here it is just after picking up from near where I work in Leeds.

Came with slicks instead of the Maxxis (rear's too big anyway) but other than that I got hold of it as shown here. Not sure of any details on the fork (think it was originally bought with a Mag-21). Otherwise there was a good selection of original bits which I'm fully intending to keep most of, like the XT bits

Made a few changes since. I struggle with old-school narrow bars, so on went a set of only-a-few-years-too-new Titec Flat Trackers, and nice long and low silver Answer A-tac instead of the very heavy and slightly rusty, short and high steel KHS stem.

Tyres were switched out for a IRC Mythos (2.1front on the rear) an 2.25 Trail Bear at the front (can't get anything quite as big as I'd like in the rear, but then I do like rack bashing...)

Saddle is currently white Specialized Toupe, but will hopefully end up as a white Flite, when I get round to re-covering one. Seatpost is currently a cheap black Kalloy Ritchey copy, with a clamp that slips, but once I've finished re-furbing it, will be a silver USE with blue clamp bits. In the photo it's slightly past the max height, so I needed to change it, but it really needs to be silver to compliment the stem.

White Skyway grips added as I like soft, slim (non-lockon) grips with a bit of a flange, and white sets off the decals, bottle cage etc.

Attachments:
KHS reduced.jpg
KHS reduced.jpg [ 466.99 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:34 pm 
Feature Bike
Feature Bike

Nice find. Great performing bikes these: fab steel frame, and build into really light, quick singletrack weapons.

8)