Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Inspired by this thread I decided to have a go myself, used a donor brake which got of Foz I should have perhaps tested first but whole process thus far has been interesting and the waterslides easy to work with and they blend seamlessly under the clear coat

how durable they are remains to be seen, and a dose of water from a pressure washer might blow the paint off,


Before and After


Attachments:
Magura Race Line HS33.JPG
Magura Race Line HS33.JPG [ 169.21 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
Racelines Porsche Guards Red.jpg
Racelines Porsche Guards Red.jpg [ 102.69 KiB | Viewed 688 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Posts: 77
Looks mint.

Keep it away from pressure washer ! lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:48 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 1493
Location: Bridgend, S.Wales
Retro Spud wrote:
Inspired by this thread I decided to have a go myself, used a donor brake which got of Foz I should have perhaps tested first but whole process thus far has been interesting and the waterslides easy to work with and they blend seamlessly under the clear coat

how durable they are remains to be seen, and a dose of water from a pressure washer might blow the paint off,


Before and After

That is facking awesome Nick!!! Guards Red and Porsche decals are the best Maguras I've ever seen! If you have any other projects requiring vector-based graphics let me know as I have most stuff on file. ♥♥♥♥♥

Never knew about this water slide paper! :oops: But I'm now inspired to get some new stuff built up! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:57 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
regan_ev wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
Inspired by this thread I decided to have a go myself, used a donor brake which got of Foz I should have perhaps tested first but whole process thus far has been interesting and the waterslides easy to work with and they blend seamlessly under the clear coat

how durable they are remains to be seen, and a dose of water from a pressure washer might blow the paint off,


Before and After

That is facking awesome Nick!!! Guards Red and Porsche decals are the best Maguras I've ever seen! If you have any other projects requiring vector-based graphics let me know as I have most stuff on file. ♥♥♥♥♥

Never knew about this water slide paper! :oops: But I'm now inspired to get some new stuff built up! 8)




thanks for the comment, the waterslide paper is cheap as chips on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Laser- ... 0706.m4781


I used the art work from Baznap and a clip and paste from Google to create my homemade decals, which for small graphics in Monochrome was fine, I've yet to test out the full Porsche shield logo's on anything


Attachments:
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG [ 90.57 KiB | Viewed 675 times ]
Magura%20Race-line%20HS33.jpg
Magura%20Race-line%20HS33.jpg [ 150.83 KiB | Viewed 675 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 pm
Posts: 1493
Location: Bridgend, S.Wales
Retro Spud wrote:
thanks for the comment, the waterslide paper is cheap as chips on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Laser- ... 0706.m4781
I used the art work from Baznap and a clip and paste from Google to create my homemade decals, which for small graphics in Monochrome was fine, I've yet to test out the full Porsche shield logo's on anything

It really is awesome Nick!

What are they going on? Have you bought a Porsche bike? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:01 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
regan_ev wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
thanks for the comment, the waterslide paper is cheap as chips on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Laser- ... 0706.m4781
I used the art work from Baznap and a clip and paste from Google to create my homemade decals, which for small graphics in Monochrome was fine, I've yet to test out the full Porsche shield logo's on anything

It really is awesome Nick!

What are they going on? Have you bought a Porsche bike? :shock:



One click of the mouse on ebay one night and this arrived ...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387747



gotta keep up with the Jones who might be turning up at Mayhem on a Lotus (Myteenageself)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:37 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:33 pm
Posts: 2469
Location: New Forest
Retro Spud wrote:
regan_ev wrote:
Retro Spud wrote:
thanks for the comment, the waterslide paper is cheap as chips on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Laser- ... 0706.m4781
I used the art work from Baznap and a clip and paste from Google to create my homemade decals, which for small graphics in Monochrome was fine, I've yet to test out the full Porsche shield logo's on anything

It really is awesome Nick!

What are they going on? Have you bought a Porsche bike? :shock:



One click of the mouse on ebay one night and this arrived ...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=387747



gotta keep up with the Jones who might be turning up at Mayhem on a Lotus (Myteenageself)


HAHA! we just need someone with an Amp/mercedes, Roberts/Aston martin and we can have a superbike/supercar face off... Although I'd half expect THM to turn up on a Volvo plastic bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:07 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
My_Teenage_Self wrote:
HAHA! we just need someone with an Amp/mercedes, Roberts/Aston martin and we can have a superbike/supercar face off... Although I'd half expect THM to turn up on a Volvo plastic bike.


lol

I've given up trying to even fathom out THM let alone second guess what goes through his mind
your right it would be some weird sh1t but more likely an Apllo/Trabant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:08 am
Posts: 709
Location: Suffolk
Great job Nick. Inspired!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5702
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Gerard wrote:
Great job Nick. Inspired!



Thanks Gerard

but it’s Baznap who got ball rolling and Foz who made it all possible

That the beauty of this place ..... teamwork !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group