Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:47 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:32 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin

I think this thread has been heart warming, I once started a thread about being depressed on here about 7 years ago and was told this is a bike site not a place to air your dirty laundry so to speak. It is great how attitudes have changed over the years about mental health issues and that anyone from every background can be effected. I mean there is a group called doctors for doctors for medical professionals with mental health problems, so support wherever your from is vital.

Alison

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am 
Old School Hero

fiendish feet wrote:
But we look back in hindsight that's normal
And we all wonder and worry about our future. that's normal too
The problem is getting stuck in a rut thinking about
Yesterday and next week .
And missing out Right now.
I leave it at that could be a bit deep for the forum...
Take good care W

I don't know whether you know it, but most of what you've been saying in your last few posts is straight out of Buddhism, Zen and the Dharmapada, especially. Whether you've got that first hand, second hand from counsellors or from your own experience, it sounds like you've got yourself out of a hole and on a good track. That's an impressive achievement. Many don't make it, as I'm sure you know. Incidentally, I've met a few Buddhist monks and nuns - never met anyone happier. Whether that's because they've found some truth or because they're happily mistaken . . . Well, everyone has to make up their own mind about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:18 am 
Dirt Disciple

CassidyAce wrote:
fiendish feet wrote:
But we look back in hindsight that's normal
And we all wonder and worry about our future. that's normal too
The problem is getting stuck in a rut thinking about
Yesterday and next week .
And missing out Right now.
I leave it at that could be a bit deep for the forum...
Take good care W

I don't know whether you know it, but most of what you've been saying in your last few posts is straight out of Buddhism, Zen and the Dharmapada, especially. Whether you've got that first hand, second hand from counsellors or from your own experience, it sounds like you've got yourself out of a hole and on a good track. That's an impressive achievement. Many don't make it, as I'm sure you know. Incidentally, I've met a few Buddhist monks and nuns - never met anyone happier. Whether that's because they've found some truth or because they're happily mistaken . . . Well, everyone has to make up their own mind about that.

Thank you nice comment.
I lived on a bus for ten years, spent a lot of time around sacred sites,like Avebury etc ,lots of silence and pondering the whys and wot-knots.
Depression could be the result of modern living in a fast uncaring world, or spirit possession even.. I believe drinking and drugs and childhood abuse/trauma lowers your vibes and certain entity's jump in and cause problems..by feeding off the negative emotion {loosh}
The population is mass mind controlled as well its a deep subject.
So basically i dropped out of society , stopped watching tv ,eating meat , no vaccines/meds .no alcohol .no 9 till 5.
Read lots got wiser and older
Your dead right you have to find your own truth .
The powers that be don't want us powerful using our intentions to change the world to a better place
they want us weak ,so we are easier to control and manipulate .
Its Social engineering.. :D Deep

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 pm 
Old School Hero

Not necessarily helpful to anyone but possibly interesting - an interview published today over at bicycling.com:
'Mountain Biking Legend Juli Furtado Opens Up About Battling Depression and Suicide'. https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a22074 ... n-suicide/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:46 pm 

After years of not being able to do anything through depression and just drinking and eating my way through it, I bought a turbo trainer May 25th and have spent time building up my strength and also cutting right back on the booze. I rode 16 miles round trip today, I feel really good about it loosing weight and getting fitter :)

Alison

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Alison wrote:
After years of not being able to do anything through depression and just drinking and eating my way through it, I bought a turbo trainer May 25th and have spent time building up my strength and also cutting right back on the booze. I rode 16 miles round trip today, I feel really good about it loosing weight and getting fitter :)

Alison

glad to hear you are doing something positive. I am playing my piano more now. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:29 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

videojetman wrote:
glad to hear you are doing something positive. I am playing my piano more now. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:33 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
I went to town yesterday, got home and cried for a good 20 minutes, so stressed :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:48 pm 

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
I went to town yesterday, got home and cried for a good 20 minutes, so stressed :cry:

Sorry to hear that stress can be so debilitating emotionally, my problem has never been stressed related so I am just educationally guessing to be honest. Although tomorrow my aging Mother in law and my brother in law are coming to see us tomorrow and they both dislike me. My mother in law has never forgiven me for marrying her son and my brother in law thinks my children should have been removed from me because I have mental health problems and so I am a bit stressed about their arrival :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:51 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
Alison wrote:
kermitgreenkona88 wrote:

Sorry to hear that stress can be so debilitating emotionally, my problem has never been stressed related so I am just educationally guessing to be honest. Although tomorrow my aging Mother in law and my brother in law are coming to see us tomorrow and they both dislike me. My mother in law has never forgiven me for marrying her son and my brother in law thinks my children should have been removed from me because I have mental health problems and so I am a bit stressed about their arrival :)

3 or 4 well placed anti-personnel mines in the driveway should sort the problem :xmas-wink: :xmas-big-grin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next