Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 492  Next
 Post subject: GT STS DH
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:19 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

what should I ask for the frame alone? Its in good condition,all bushes are good, rear shock works well ,750 (red) spring, no chips cracks breaks dings etc Frame is good to go 17" Frame.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi everyone, looking to put this early 90s Marin Palisades on ebay when stumbled across your forum.

Measured the seat tube and it's 17" top to bottom.

How much should I sell for? Any offers?

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 144.94 KiB | Viewed 2024 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 135.51 KiB | Viewed 2024 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 165.52 KiB | Viewed 2024 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 130.5 KiB | Viewed 2024 times ]

Post subject: Re: Clockwork Orange
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 am 

Anthony wrote:
mark-essex wrote:
I'm the second owner of my Clockwork Orange, I have no idea of the exact year of manufacture. The frame is a tad small for me, I'm considering selling the bike or the frame and buying / building something else.
It's 7 speed, it has V brakes (in the same colour as the frame and forks - ORANGE!) mounted behind the front forks. The stem is also original. There are some chips on the frame that have been touched in but can still be seen.
Does anyone have any idea if it would be worth my while trying to sell the frame to fund something else, if it's not worth much I will probably just continue using it - it's not my main bike, I only use it locally for the shops etc.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

I'm pretty sure that's a 99 Clockwork, with the backwards-pointing front Vs, although it could be a 98. They didn't really work strictly to model years, but the stem looks like the 98 model. Post up the serial number from underneath the bb shell and we can tell its age from that.

The Clockwork has a brilliant double-butted steel frame and essentially anyone who sells one is slightly crazy, because it is under-valued by the stupid market, so you won't get as much for it as it's truly 'worth'.

The only issue about that particular model is that I have an idea that the reverse fork was an aluminium item. I never understood that because Orange's steel rigid forks were superb, and already quite light, so why lose the comfort just for a few grammes? I could be wrong about that, but I remember being surprised at the time. I only mention it because if you decide to keep the bike, a decent period suspension fork off ebay might improve it no end.

The 99 catalogue is here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 1edeca35d9

The frame number is MT80600913. I'm now led to believe that it is a 10th Anniversary edition, it has a clock on the decals that is pointing to 10 o'clock.

I might decide to sell it, I just need to find another bike to replace it with first!

Thanks for all the input. Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

threesixty wrote:
Hi everyone, looking to put this early 90s Marin Palisades on ebay when stumbled across your forum.

Measured the seat tube and it's 17" top to bottom.

How much should I sell for? Any offers?

it'll probably fetch 50-100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:02 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks Lewis will put back on the for sale section!

Post subject: Re: Clockwork Orange
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 am 
Retro Guru

mark-essex wrote:
I'm the second owner of my Clockwork Orange, I have no idea of the exact year of manufacture. The frame is a tad small for me, I'm considering selling the bike or the frame and buying / building something else.

It's 7 speed, it has V brakes (in the same colour as the frame and forks - ORANGE!) mounted behind the front forks. The stem is also original. There are some chips on the frame that have been touched in but can still be seen.

Does anyone have any idea if it would be worth my while trying to sell the frame to fund something else, if it's not worth much I will probably just continue using it - it's not my main bike, I only use it locally for the shops etc.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, just to give you an idea I've been trying to sell my 1999 clockwork frame for ages on here for £50 posted with no takers :? so they don't fetch a great deal :wink:

Post subject: Manitou H.T. frame+forks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm 
Retro Guru

dont have pics yet but i think its time to admit the Manitou F+F i have will never get built by me. any ideas what would be a fair price to ask for them?
no front mech,seat clamp,or seatpost unfortunatly.
also have a N.I.B. 3D.V. stem that would fit so would sell all at once be best or split?
dont want to let it go but no money means no chance to do anything with it all.

Post subject: Haro Invert 1990
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:48 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I've got an old 1990 Haro Invert that's eating space in my spare room. I'll probably strip it down (it's got Kneesaver Twos, Fusion Stem, WAL Riot twist-lace wheels (bent front axle, flat spot on rear), Graveyard pegs, GT Freestyle saddle, GT post, Xposure chainring (got the original Fusion about somewhere too) Shimano SX pedals and purple Jive Handle grips) and sell individually - how much should I put the frame up for?

Frame itself it cro-mo front triangle and hi-ten rear (Trimoly?!), has been de-stickered apart from one on the seat tube, has a small patch of flaked chrome on the underside of the downtube and has a bent fork leg (too many bad peg and smith stalls), and currently needs a bit of a polish to get rid or a little surface tarnish.

Photos to follow.

Post subject: '92 Diamond Back Apex
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:57 pm 
Old School Hero

right, got to have a sort out, and get rid of some stuff.....

so I'm going to sell my diamond back frame and forks.

it's a 21" red black splatter apex...

bit scruffy, had some chain suck

but I don't know what to ask for it!!???

picture here....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Post subject: Nexave most of Groupset
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I need to recoup some cash and am wondering what would be a fair start on the 'Bay for the bits from an abandoned retro hybrid prject:

Nexave 48 Hollowtech crankset.
Nexave 3x7 Shifter pods.
Nexave V's with red modualtion spring thing in 'em.
Nexave megarange 7 rear mech.
Nexave 34.9 low band rear mech.

T300 gearset, T400/410 crankset.
Can't find a Shimano number on the brakes.

Piccy:
http://eb7utg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pglzM1Law00qrltnDHoJsXSkrbmytNvEe6YSQ7fiCP2sVVdo5IFbzoNLKlNsb0NYx-Dv9MseSPY3j-xPTJhhsc_4uHPlVBVUO/PICT2751.jpg

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 492  Next