90 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Mission (Mini Update 15.03.15)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
I've had this for a few weeks now but have finally found the time to get the build thread posted. Bought the bike from Bojangle (some of you may recognise the bike from the Dynatech appreciation thread). The plan is to restore this to as close to original as possible so it's more of a long term project and unlikely to be finished in a few weeks like my previous build.
The paint/decals are pretty tired and so have decided to get the frame, forks and stem resprayed.

Until I can get the respray organised I'll concentrate on refurbing the existing bits and sourcing originals to replace the non stock stuff currently fitted. Will post updates as things progress.

Comments and info on original spec welcomed.

Cheers,

Col

Attachments

• Mission 7.jpg
    Mission 7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,960
  • Mission 6.jpg
    Mission 6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 3,958
  • Mission 5.jpg
    Mission 5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,958
  • Mission 4.jpg
    Mission 4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,959
  • Mission 3.jpg
    Mission 3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,959
  • Mission 2.jpg
    Mission 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 3,959
  • Mission 1.jpg
    Mission 1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,958
Brilliant.

I had one of these when they were first released, in fact I competed in my first ever MTB race on it way back in 1990/91 (Cheshire Classic), I must take time to scan in the old photos one day.

I'd love one of these again.

Great looking bike. I really like the lugs on the pre 91 bikes, and the colour schemes.

I think I have the same hob as you too.

drystonepaul":bork3pfo said:
I think I have the same hob as you too.

You mean your hob is coated with an inch of grease too. :LOL:

I do like the colour scheme and the decals on this era of Raleighs, a couple of my riding buddies BITD had Missions and I actually preffered the look to my Dyna-Tech Ogre I was riding at the time.

Ok, so I've made a bit of progress with stripping the bike down and sourcing replacement bits for the build. Looks like it's going to be a couple of months before I can get a re-spray sorted out though. Not to worry lots to do before then plus need to spend some time riding the Technium now it's finished.

Th righthand pedal is proving to be rather stubborn (that's why it's still attached to the crank in the picture), nothing a good bench vice and some brute force won't sort out though ;)

Attachments

• Timbuk II's.jpg
    Timbuk II's.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 3,812
  • Seatpost & Grips.jpg
    Seatpost & Grips.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,813
  • Pedals,Barends,Saddle,Clamp Bolt.jpg
    Pedals,Barends,Saddle,Clamp Bolt.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3,813
  • Frame, Forks & Components.jpg
    Frame, Forks & Components.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 3,812
Oooh I like these - I had the Voyager version in 'too big' size.

raleigh_dyna_tech_voyager_101.jpg

legrandefromage":3ovb8x6n said:
Oooh I like these - I had the Voyager version in 'too big' size.

Being a shortarse I was Lucky this one is a 16", so fits me perfectly. Though saying that my first bike (Raleigh Mirage, can you see a theme here) was a 19" frame and I rode and raced that quite happily for several years.

Re: 90 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Mission (Updated)

Right, after what seems like forever, I'm finally starting to make a bit of progress on this one. Managed to get a re-spray sorted out (almost the guy is trying to colour match the grey atm) and hopefully in the next couple of weeks the Mission will be looking much happier :D.
Was also rather fortunate to find a NOS set of decals on the bay few weeks back for less than a tenner, happy days. The set is missing one of the toptube "DYNA-TECH" decals but other than that they're mint. Hopefully get this one finished and riding soon.

Attachments

• NOS Decals.jpg
    NOS Decals.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 3,612

Latest posts

Back