Mid 90's Reworked Cinder Cone. Finished pics page 4

bren

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This has featured on here in the past. Wold Ranger built it originally, I recently bought the frame from Jones.
Still in the midst of collecting parts but as and when funds allow I will get it together ASAP! (I'm desperate to ride it!) but I'm mindful of not rushing it, the frames a peach and I want to do it justice.

So far I've only trial fitted the forks to determine how much steerer I need to trim.

A6B444AF-8C37-4F1B-8DED-33B7214BFF63-525-000000C47615E938-1.jpg

8b0cfca6.jpg

Note that particular stem has a very low stack height (I have one) so beware lopping too much off the steerer, also Fox crown-steerer assemblies are bloody expensive!

Good luck with the build.

SP

Thanks for the heads-up, may not use that stem as it happens. I may put it back on the Saracen and fit something longer. I'll probably only cut the steerer after riding it (with long spacers in the meantime LOL)

Until payday comes around I've only been able to fit a few little toys.

e336a493.jpg

Kinda liking the green ano theme.

Aargh!
@£:/?<*'ing eBay! :x
Thanks to a seller putting up the wrong pictures on their listing I now don't have a front mech. Top pull/ bottom pull/ dual pull..... Who cares right?! :roll:
Something tells me I should just stick to shopping on here ;)

Kona

Bob Jackson's in Leeds did all the work, including the re spray, Bill for all the work was £365, The repaint was over £200 on it's own. Then Gil's decals on top, so look after it fella!
It was kitted out with all top end stuff, including Green Air Alloy Race face bars to match the headset and the seat pin was also a Green matching Race face one. What happened to all the rest of the kit?

Oh I will look after it! Its still in bubblewrap :LOL:
Great to have your input! :D
I'll be picking your brains if I may over the next few months, I have a few ideas for it that I'm really not sure if they are great or foolish ;) would really appreciate some pics of how it was in your possession, particularly the green bits if possible?
Did you sell it as a complete bike then? :shock:
I bought it as a bare frame with a seat collar and few green ano bolts dotted around. I believe it changed hands a few times after you sold it but wasnt ever built back up. looking at the telltales (threads, seat tube etc) backs this up, it still looks like it was painted last week! The forks that I believe were fitted by you were sold before i could gettum :cry: No biggie, just means I have to cut down my own F100RL's steerer.
funny you mention green, I seem to have caught the bug, never really been one for ano before but it seems to suit this colour, I had my eye earlier today on a green USE seatpost but a few too many bills have come in and put paid to that :roll:
I think this build is going to be a LOT slower than I'd like...........

Back