Raleigh Special Products Full Sus Prototype

bikemeister2000

Retro Guru
Some pics of my Raleigh Special Products Full Sus Prototype from the nineties.

DSCF3123.jpg

DSCF3124.jpg

DSCF3125.jpg

DSCF3126.jpg

[/img]

Mine's going the XC route when I get around to the build...

P1040226.jpg

...at the moment it's back to just a frame in the shed; managed to source a Pro Deluxe rear shock for it, and I've decided to
colour-match the fork when I make up my mind which one I'm fitting :roll:

Someone elses variation on the same theme...

raleigh.jpg

...which I really like :cool:

What makes this a prototype exactly? Genuinely nice bike, I just have an inquisitive nature when it comes to the term prototype being used without any real explanation.

JeRkY":2wge0tc1 said:
What makes this a prototype exactly? Genuinely nice bike, I just have an inquisitive nature when it comes to the term prototype being used without any real explanation.

Thanks for asking, It was one of the deveolpment frames we produced in Reynolds 853. It eventually went into the market as the Raleigh Freeride, in the same orange colour.

Further rider tests and developments and it became part of the 1999 RSP range as the 300, 350, 400 and 500. Now the frame was in 7005 Alloy made at A-Pro in Taiwan.

In 2000 with some further mods it became the 300 and 400 still in 7005 Alloy.

Another route saw the original frame become the DHO in both 199 and 2000 brochures. We gave one to Matt Farmer. He played a major part helping with mods to this one.

Regards

legrandefromage":3n0ru5pn said:
I think I had a 400 or something in yellow with the flame graphics and yellow Rock Shox up front.

If it was yellow with a grey and red flame to the head and chainstay ends, with a yellow Judy XC 100mm, it was a 300 from 2000.

The 400 was white with red/blue flame ends. Same frame.

Back