It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Bullpup wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
A couple of places I take my dogs have been littered with pieces of electric motors, etc. I have seen the guys working out of the back of a transit full of rusty old bits and pieces. These disregarded pieces are often sharp and will take decades to break down.

No idea what the answer is, but I suppose it is going to involve a lot more tax payer pounds to solve.

No not really just regulate the Scrap business. In fact it must be the only business that isn't.

Put a positive obligation on keeping records. All transactions must be accompanied by a copy of a drivers licence and a valid utilities receipt.

Ist offence £5k fine, 2nd £10k, 3rd £50k plus jail time. In fact fines are probably 2 low - who ever heard of a poor scrappy?

Having worked recovering BT exhange cables we often got stopped by pikeys trying to blagg it off us. The tools are already in place to stop scrappies most have been warned if they are caught with stolen metal then they will run the risk of having their SEPA or equlivlent licence removed.

My company has also had street cabinets targeted badly up here for battery theft in certain areas so a couple of weeks ago someone along with the police and other intereested parties went round scrappies looking for them. As they got there Transit van getting unloaded with the same type of batteries that being robbed. not only that the stupid junkies were made turn out their pockets which were full of ID lables proving they belonged to my company.