1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
A few days ago I got hold of this beautiful frame, which to me looks like a 1992 Blizzard. Apparently it has had a repaint and, more severely, the original rear brake cable mount around the seattube has been removed, I suspect to host V brakes. There are many scratches and dents, but no cracks or other major damage.

I really like the Tange Struts fork, you don't seen them very often and together with the rear wishbone construction it makes this frame look very different, with the typical Rocky Mountain look of those days.

For the moment I will build it up with parts I have lying around, I can't wait to go out and do my favourite trails on this frame.

Last night I spend some time removing stickers from the frame. None of them were original, for instance the Rocky Mountain sticker on the downtube was a new version and didn't do the frame any good in terms of looks. Therefore, I'm looking for a new set of stickers, I believe there are some members on this forum who can help me with this?

Ideally later, after winter season, I want to bring back this frame into it's original state. That means getting back the original brake cable router (that will not be easy) and a repaint.

P1010263.JPG

P1010262.JPG

P1010264.JPG

P1010265.JPG

P1010266.JPG

P1010270.JPG

P1010269.JPG

"Last night I spend some time removing stickers from the frame. None of them were original, for instance the Rocky Mountain sticker on the downtube was a new version and didn't do the frame any good in terms of looks. Therefore, I'm looking for a new set of stickers, I believe there are some members on this forum who can help me with this? "

gil_m is your man.
Interesting project

tintin40":2czddksm said:
"Last night I spend some time removing stickers from the frame. None of them were original, for instance the Rocky Mountain sticker on the downtube was a new version and didn't do the frame any good in terms of looks. Therefore, I'm looking for a new set of stickers, I believe there are some members on this forum who can help me with this? "

gil_m is your man.
Interesting project

Thanks! I'll contact him!

I guess it may have originally looked like these ones, rather than the black and white style shown in the 1992 catalogue.

Attachments

• 1992 Blizzard size 17 in option white.jpg
    1992 Blizzard size 17 in option white.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,919
  • 1992 Blizzard size 20.5 option white.jpg
    1992 Blizzard size 20.5 option white.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 3,919
Anthony":144ndg9c said:
I guess it may have originally looked like these ones, rather than the black and white style shown in the 1992 catalogue.

That would explain the black fork as well. How likely might it be that Rocky Mountain produced the '92 Blizzard in different colour schemes?

The brochure shows the black top tubes / white bottom tubes / whit fork as the '92 model, but mine (and those you show on the pics) would have a full white frame / black fork.

Nice project! Will be following this one. You'll love the ride, it's sublime!

That second Blizzard looks great Anthony! :cool:

nelly":1n0hvb0g said:
I was after this one - looks good!

Good luck, I'm still in "rocky mountain steel frame" search mode, so if anything comes by, will let you know.

You'll need to remove the added cable stop as well.

Should make in interesting project (or just run V's and be done with it ;))

Back