Vitus 979 Duralinox - UPDATED PHOTOS

RooKilo

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi, I've eventually got round to finishing this off, even tough it doesn't look too different from when I got it I've completely stripped it and put a lot of work into it. I've not had a chance to ride it properly yet but look forward to doing so. Enjoy!

Frame: Vitus 979 Duralinox, british thread BB.
Fork: Vitus 979 Duralinox.

Headset: Alloy Tange (very light).
Stem: Montreal? 10cm
Handlebar: 3TTT with Colnago engraving, nice shape.

Brake Levers: Shimano R400
Brake Calipers: Shimano 1050.

Shifters: Shimano 1050.
Front Derailleur: Shimano 1050.
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 1050.
Freewheel: Sachs 12-21.
Chain: Sedis.
Cranks: Shimano 1050.
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN
Rims: Mavic Open 4CD.
Hubs: Ofmega L/F
Tyres: Specialized Turbo S

Saddle: Selle Concor Light
Seatpost: Campagnolo, possibly Chorus

When I got it:

Now:

DSC01714 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01719 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01718 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01720 by Rookilo, on Flickr

DSC01722 by Rookilo, on Flickr

Really nice. . . Love the mix of modern retro.
I always find that these frames seems to take modern parts well without looking awful.

Lovely, liked the blue ano on it. Those 105's are really good IMO. A prove you can have a reliable and useful piece without blowin' the budget sky high.

klunkerbr":ngtmo081 said:
Lovely, liked the blue ano on it. Those 105's are really good IMO. A prove you can have a reliable and useful piece without blowin' the budget sky high.

I used similar 105's in the early 90's and they were great, especially with SIS. I'm going to change the gear levers and calipers to 105 to make it more complete, an ad in the wanted section will be posted very soon.

Wow! That bike looks amazing, glad you're not changing too much. Its got me re-thinking the colour scheme for my refurb!

markyp":1rtyufia said:
Is that a 45RC shirt? Are you going to bring the vitus on a sunday club run?

That's correct, I'm a member of the 45 - I take it you are? I can't get out on the club runs at the moment due to my Wife's working hours but it will make an appearance. It's stripped at the moment as I'm waiting for some parts, should be done within a fortnight.

Are you doing the Whiston hilly in March?

Vitus

Just a tip, check out the joints, they dry out.
built up one last year, rode it for a few weeks and the tubes started to pull out the bottom bracket, mind you looks great hanging on the garage wall !!!!!

Latest posts

Back