SWMBO's Stumphopper/Rockjumper?? Cr*p photo update 26.02.13

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Title edited now the cat's out of the bag - as it were... ;)

PC170170.jpg

You'll have to excuse the rather cluttered desk, much to SWMBO's dismay I live in a state of perpetual chaos! :oops:

PC170169.jpg

Fresh from the powder coaters' in exactly the right shade of 'purply-pink' :cool:

would have to be a 98 then, no?
just dismantled mine and the seat clamp area looks very much like it, so was my guess as well, but the only ritchey tubing I can think of on stumpys was on the last steel batch, no? the lovely lovely silver and orange ones.

Yeah, this is as far as I've got at the moment...

GEDC0204.jpg

...well no, I tell a lie, I've actually decalled it up but the frame is now in the shed awaiting assembly and I don't have a photo' of it with them on yet.

Though I will admit to having committed sacrilege by attacking it with an angle grinder prior to powder coating... :shock:

Now there's a man who knows his Specialized's ;)

It is indeed SWMBO's steel framed Rockhopper, post-surgery with the angle grinder; I took off all four superfluous rack mounts to tidy up the stays, and removed the canti-hanger while I was at it as I'm fitting V's and didn't want to raise the ire of the 'redundant canti-hanger brigade' any more than was absolutely necessary! :LOL:

To compound my felonious approach to this build I have already applied a set of OEM Specialized decals; for a Stumpy! :shock:

Not that I am trying to make it out to be something it isn't; I'm just making it look nice and the decals came up at a bargain price so I couldn't resist...

...and anyway, I do believe that one years' Stumpjumper became anothers' Rockhopper as the models progressed so I feel halfway vindicated :?

The specific colour request was for purple, the closest the powder coaters could get was this 'purply-pink' and it's remarkably close to the Stumpy shade into the bargain, so job done...

...I dare say the purists will still object though :oops:

A quick update in between squalls!

GEDC0211.jpg

I actually left the headset cups in when I took it to the powder coaters' because I wanted them the same colour as the frame; when I went to collect it he'd taken them out for me!

Sometimes people can be too helpfull... :?

Back