Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:44 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:06 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Wakefield
Well it's finally finished, I got the frame off weeman mtb at the forest of dean (karma) it's an 08 boardman hybrid (was a dark blue). I have built it on a retro theme and the spec, gears, brakes etc are exactly what I need to suit my commute to work and back, just been out for a road test and apart from a few tweeks with the gears she is good to go

The spec is 08

boardman hybrid frame

Deore lx mtb hubs laced with mavic cxp 22 700c rims

schwable marathon comfort tyres 700cx32

Deore lx integrated hydraulic shifters 2x9 speed

xt calipers and rotors

xt rear mech

shimano road front mech

shimano nexave double chainset (dirt cheap, winter knocks the crap out of a chainset)

on one big nose saddle

semi integrated headset

easton stem/tioga flat bars

avenier pannier rack and bag

As for the cost of the build (less than £500) I don't think I could find anything in the shops that would do what this bike can, very pleased with the bike and look forward to thousands of miles worth of riding


:D :D :D :D :D :D


Attachments:
DSCF1314 [800x600].jpg
DSCF1314 [800x600].jpg [ 100.71 KiB | Viewed 322 times ]
DSCF1312 [800x600].jpg
DSCF1312 [800x600].jpg [ 180.8 KiB | Viewed 322 times ]
DSCF1313 [800x600].jpg
DSCF1313 [800x600].jpg [ 183.71 KiB | Viewed 322 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6005
Location: East Yorkshire
Well worth the wait, that looks fantastic, really making me wish I had a safer commute to work so I could have something similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:53 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Wakefield
chrisv40 wrote:
Well worth the wait, that looks fantastic, really making me wish I had a safer commute to work so I could have something similar.


Thanks Chris, the reason for the build was something that is quick on the roads and capable of a little off road thus making my commute safer, as the road into Leeds is lethal, especially in the winter, This bike ticks all the boxes for what I need, had it back in the workshop today for a few tweeks and now everything is sweet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6005
Location: East Yorkshire
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:45 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
chrisv40 wrote:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6005
Location: East Yorkshire
Dr S wrote:
chrisv40 wrote:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :lol:


Right lets find a location and thats another ride sorted for next year :)
Whats your road bike Si?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:01 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
chrisv40 wrote:
Dr S wrote:
chrisv40 wrote:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :lol:


Right lets find a location and thats another ride sorted for next year :)
Whats your road bike Si?


I don't know about it being a main monthly ride as not many have road machines. It would make a nice informal ride in the spring.

My road bike is a recent purchase. Its a 1975 Calloi 10 speed. Its completely original and has only seen minimal use as it was only used as a pit bike by Emmerson Fittipaldi during the 76-77 Formula One seasons whilst he drove for Copasuca. Plans is to just service and clean it up and leave it just as it was when the double World Champion rode it. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 am 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 2201
Location: By the sea
Dr S wrote:
chrisv40 wrote:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice


So you don't fancy Rosedale with a couple of runs at chimney bank ? :lol:


Ps nice bike Stu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:19 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6005
Location: East Yorkshire
Dr S wrote:
chrisv40 wrote:
Dr S wrote:
chrisv40 wrote:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year :wink:


I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :lol:


Right lets find a location and thats another ride sorted for next year :)
Whats your road bike Si?


I don't know about it being a main monthly ride as not many have road machines. It would make a nice informal ride in the spring.

My road bike is a recent purchase. Its a 1975 Calloi 10 speed. Its completely original and has only seen minimal use as it was only used as a pit bike by Emmerson Fittipaldi during the 76-77 Formula One seasons whilst he drove for Copasuca. Plans is to just service and clean it up and leave it just as it was when the double World Champion rode it. 8)


I didn't mean to have it as a main ride, just another ride to look forward to next year.

The Calloi sounds very interesting, looking forward to seeing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Wakefield
The Calloi sounds very interesting, any pics Si


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group