rory breaker

Retro Guru
All,

BITD I had a Marin 1989 Pine Mountain.

And here she is.

Copyofmartinsmarins.jpg

And in a later guise, with Maguras...

martinsmarins.jpg

Great times were had on this bike, and I wasn't real happy when she was stolen from outside Bournemouth Uni in October 1991.

For a while now, I've been wanting to find another.

One day some years ago a spotted a dude riding through town on one in a suit, I should have made him an offer there and then.

Anyways, a few months back my resourceful bro found a 89 Pine mountain frame on ebay. Unknown to me, he bought it.

After hauling it back from the UK to Aus, I've spent the last few months 'sourcing' parts for it.

I've found all the parts now, but haven't got them in my possession, they are all in various states of transit around the globe.

The hard to find seat post arrived yesterday, so that triggered the start of the build.

Wheels are not period correct, but they will be once I get the right ones shipped to me.

Saddle is also not period correct, but I don't care! Flite type saddles are all that work for me.

I'll update with more photos as I get more parts.

This is going to be a long build.

I cant see I've seen one of these on RB so far, surprising because BITD they were very popular.

Paint on this one has some damage, I'm inclined to keep it that way, but if I could get a very accurate respray with decals I might be tempted, what do you think??

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

yay another Marin to add to the Aussie tribe. I too left the paint original on mine, but everything else new or near new, it adds a kind of story i reckon. Looking forward to your build mate and hopefully see it when we get the states acts together and have an Aussie Retrobike gathering

With free time over the break, comes opportunity to complete the Pine Mountain.

I'd forgotten, just what a pain threaded headsets and canti's are to set up.

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

Cheers
RB

Back