Raleigh RSP 853 FRS - Welsh connection p4...

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Took delivery today of what will have to be the last addition to my project list! :oops:

It's just the frame and shock, with the original seatpost, seat, stem and bars but having seen this...

raleigh.jpg

..I think I've just found a use for my Syncros stem/bar/bar end combo and Thomson seatpost :cool:

I thinking it will be mainly XT, Mavic Crossrides, Tioga tyres and a colour-matched Judy XC fork - though these things do have a habit of developing a momentum of their own!

coomber":358d4thf said:
Was this the one ended a few days ago on Ebay? Was a good price.

853 main frame?

Yes on both counts... :D

I'm quite excited about this; I did have it in mind to get hold of a Sex Too, being the Kona fan that I am, but when this came up it was "Hang on, Brit bike, made in the UK, from Brit materials..." and looks very similar?

A question though; Would you put amber walls on this frame?

That's what I had in mind but now I'm thinking they might clash as the frame is actually bright orange!

So now I'm leaning towards the black Specialized Ground Controls I had on my Kilauea?

I'll put a pic up in the morning of how it looks as it arrived out the box...

So, this is what came in the box (minus the fork, I've just used that to hold the stem/bar in place)...

P1040222.jpg

The seat/post, stem and bar are all RSP branded items and I was tempted to build it that way until I found the pic I've used above.

Now I much prefer the racier XC style, and already have the Syncros parts to hand...:cool:

If I get time I'll throw the parts together as a 'mock-up' and see what I think?

ringo":3ftv3m1f said:
That's real nice Stevo... bet you chuffed with the condition...

Yeah, apart from a 'storage' ding in the downtube (which I can live with...) it's practically mint.

Just in the process of quickly trialling the parts together - around cooking Sunday dinner... :D

Quickly thrown together lash-up to give an idea what it's going to look like...

P1040226.jpg

...Mavic Crossrides (cheers northerndave :D ) with WTB ALL-TERRAINasaurus tyres, (Mr Wing'd)Judy XC fork, Syncros stem/bar/ends combo, Thomson seatpost and MaxFlite saddle.

I was considering colour-matching the fork to the frame but now I'm thinking I like it how it is... :cool:

Latest posts

Back