1996 Mongoose Amplifier 2 - Now with B4's

Slow6

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know, I know... it's not a real one but when local eBay throws you a bone over here you grab it.

Here it is put together for a test ride today, I had plans for vintage bullhorns but I really need risers on a 20" Maybe I'll try again on a stem with some rise on it. The frame seems small to me for a 20 but if I get along with it at all I think I'll put some effort into it.

Anyhoo... enough waffling, to the pics. Click for bigness.

Nice!

How does this ride? Is the back end a bit wayward? I've got a Amplifier 1 without the square back end and it's a bit wobbly at times.

I saw one of these for the 1st time on the internet today. Mongoose has made some good bikes over the years.

Thanks chaps :)

SEANSTEPHENS":22z87mkf said:
nice! liking the blue and orange.. by the way, what tyres are those?

Panaracer Magics. Not bad performers for retro rubber.

You inspired me to take mine out for a ride today. The frame had been hanging in the back of my LBS since 95. Today was the first time it had been ridden. Ever.

b07f1cfd.jpg

Your bike may not be a "real" AMP Mongoose, but Frank Wadelton (Frank the Welder from Yeti) did a bunch of the rear ends of the Amplifier2s for Mongoose (who subsequently never paid his invoice), so you may have a rather unique bike with at least half a pedigree.

Back