Dave Hinde - Thingy...

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My Dave Hinde arrived yesterday. Don't know much about it yet but I'm well happy with it! :cool: The frame weighs about 4lb.

It'll be getting stripped of paint (the lacquer is peeling all over) and resprayed with new decals.

Spec wise, I'm not too sure yet but thinking '95 XT, colour matched Judy SLs, and possibly HS33s brakes and HED XC wheels (Mainly because I've got all that stuff lying around and have no frame to put it on!!!) :LOL:

See also this thread >>>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

:D

Attachments

• BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7,410
  • Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7,406
  • Nice Head.jpg
    Nice Head.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7,404
fillet brazed? looks sweet. rate the yellow judy sl and the green frame. thats a good combo....i would be keeping that..

Wow not only does the frame resemble a DY, so do the decals too, that has to be some kind of deal going on there surely. Looks nice, sounds like nice kit (mostly) and the forks do look nice on it.

development_cycle":m79b9dvj said:
Wow not only does the frame resemble a DY, so do the decals too, that has to be some kind of deal going on there surely. Looks nice, sounds like nice kit (mostly) and the forks do look nice on it.

Thought only the road & tourer DY frames had the decals in a 'patch' like that - and even then they struck through the patch too to run along the frame?

Pretty different I reckon.

The DY MTB ones have always been made of individual slanted letters haven't they - sort of a-la-PACE...?

I always presumed BITD that DH made their own frames, but have never really given it much thought.

DY is one builder who is floated round though, along with Lee Cooper...

BB

You're right DC...

I too was going by memory, and I seemed to remember seeing that type used more on the road and tourer etc frames.

I much prefer those to the individual letters he also tended to use...

Bit more classy...

BB

Thanks for looking guys!

I'll give Dave a bell next week and see if I can find out a bit more about it including when it was made (and by who) and if it was a custom or stock frame.

Great looking frame and very similar to my overbury's in look etc. Much lighter though by the sounds of it. My rubbish scales put mine at nearly 4.5lbs iirc.

Will be interesting to see what dh says.

You thinking v brake specific, 96 on?

the_duke":3ip6fpti said:
Will be interesting to see what dh says.

You thinking v brake specific, 96 on?

Yep and yep!

Hopefully he'll still have some decals for it. I think I'll have to change the colour from green though and I'd like to do the Judys to match.

Latest posts

Back