Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Next build under way

This one is a Look Mi80

Here's my main component choices:

dscf2879.jpg

dscf2822.jpg

So I have several themes going on here; Coolwall!!! I voted Shimano and Campy cool, cos they are

Now there is no doubt that Hyperglide is great, so I have Campy Mirox laced to M730/M732

In order to shift I was gonna use thumbies but I've run out of my stash of MT63/M733 levers...

So another blinding potentially controversial idea dawned upon me; why not use STI?

I have no STI bikes since taking my Univega to bits...

So I'm refinishing some MT63 and have XT shifter pods, these will be de-decal-ed and I'll maybe cover up the 'Deore XT' on the pods...

Here's a look at a mockup:

dscf2823.jpg

Re-fin work, Gloss for blades, matt for body/mount

dscf2821.jpg

And some more Campy:

dscf2825.jpg

dscf2824.jpg

Would be a shame to sully such a great looking euro-bike with Shi*mano.

Either way It's a booty!

al. :cool:

al":88rus57p said:

Either way It's a booty!

Haha! nice one! You didn't disappoint me one bit, Al!

You cast off, I bite, you just reel me in fella.

al. ;)

Like it - we don't mix up enough manufacturers components on here BITD my bikes were a real mash up - my next one is going to be a proper mix too.

Hyperglide - best shifting. Campy chainset - class. Campy mechs - solid stuff. STI - why not!

Look forward to the finished bike :D

nevadasmith":3cubo6k5 said:
Like it - we don't mix up enough manufacturers components on here BITD my bikes were a real mash up - my next one is going to be a proper mix too.

Hyperglide - best shifting. Campy chainset - class. Campy mechs - solid stuff. STI - why not!

Look forward to the finished bike :D

Cheers! Should be fun. I'm predicting it's all going to work together really well...

On the STI front, I have choices, I got the refurbed, destickered STM092s sorted, but I also have a set of STM095 like you have on your Raleigh - yes I clicked through ALL of your builds, amazing, simply gorgeous bikes

Anyway... 095 is a lot lighter and does a better job than 092 - but 092 looks really nice... Hmmm nothing's ever easy!

Thanks :D I think the chunkiness of the 092 will suit the campag stuff :D

What brakes are those?

Can you keep a secret?

If you can keep a secret, I'll tell you

They are Altus!!!

I noticed they are EXACTLY the same as Deore LX, except for the cable pinch bolts are regular bolts, rather than dome head allen screws

So I painted them gloss black... They may well not make it to the finished bike

But I like the lack of branding... wouldn't want to paint over any LX or XT

I'm thinking I may not be able to avoid using XT on quality/equipment snobbery grounds - I see they can be had in black with a big old shimano decal on each one

al":hneau8l7 said:

Either way It's a booty!

Agree 100% How about Mavic ?

Back