Mountain Cycle MOHO 1995 (all-NOS project)

CAPIN

Retro Guru
More than year active on the site, so i guess its time to come out of the closet.
At first i didnt know wether not to wait till its finished, but Its more fun like this.

MOHO has always been my favourite from MC line.
While i love San Andreas in its functionalist rawness and respect its place in MTB history, Moho (in both rigid and fs versions) was the one i liked better.
First introduced in 94, it has all MC features, but its more elegant and sophisticated, with beautiful machined details.
So when i saw a NOS frame on ebay last year, i didnt even think about the price it was being sold for.. click click click ..pay now. period.

When the beauty came in and i saw BB plastic cups, Manual, Original shipping checklist from 14.6.1995 It was clear i cannot just build it and start riding it.
I decided make it a total NOS, period correct project. With all the fancy stuff i was salivating over BITD.
Make it my totem of love and hang it somewhere...(perhaps in our bedroom :))
Now before some of you (..you, who probably voted shimano cool :) ) start rolling your eyes, be aware i wasnt about to miss the pleasure of actually RIDING one, so i did buy another, CXS version and thats the one i ride.
In terms of project direction, its still evolving, but i wanted to restrict myself to 95-96 years. All silver components to give it a bit of understatement and to put more emphasis on the frame.
Im still playing with idea going all-american.. It will be in any case almost all-american.
Problem is there are some european parts i like very much and were so widely adopted all over the world its hard to imagine great build without them (flite, mavic, dt). i will see.
Im far from having all the parts i need. it goes slow. here are some pics of the frame first
cheers guys
hope you like it
jan

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 6,569
  • moho1.jpg
    moho1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 6,569
  • moho2.jpg
    moho2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 6,567
  • manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 6,570
more pics

Attachments

• MOHO-NOS2.jpg
    MOHO-NOS2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 6,565
  • moho3.jpg
    moho3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 6,567
  • Moho6.jpg
    Moho6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 6,566
  • Moho7.jpg
    Moho7.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 6,565
more details

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6,558
  • rseries.jpg
    rseries.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6,557
  • SEATTUBE.jpg
    SEATTUBE.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 6,558
  • topdetail.jpg
    topdetail.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6,558
Thanks guys! here r some tasty NOS parts ive got so far..

Attachments

• paul-hyper.jpg
    paul-hyper.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 6,506
  • real.jpg
    real.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 6,505
  • ALTEK.jpg
    ALTEK.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 6,506
  • TNT-HUBS.jpg
    TNT-HUBS.jpg