Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:39 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 552, 553, 554, 555, 556
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:58 pm 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider

Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
3sp Sturmey Archer hub was on the first proper bike I had - BSA Wayfarer for my 7th birthday 8)

Bought in a 2nd hand shop in Dundee when visiting rellys at end of summer and shipped to Glasgow courtesy of BR as it wouldn't fit in the ol' man's car :D

Kept me mobile into teenage years, with the normal customising, which included respraying it Ford Pacific Blue Metallic in the spare room. SA hub was faultless during that time - still have one in me loft looking for a suitable bike.........

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Finally got out on a bike again, busy week with work. Rather a stiff headwind most of the way - that kind of wind that is so strong that even as a sidewind it's quite hard going, but otherwise a nice bright and sunny ride loop to see how the turbines are coming along...

These are destined to replace the oil platforms of the now abandoned Beatrice field, not too far away... they're certainly an impressive size, though I'm glad I won't have to see much of them once installed.

Oh - and I arranged to buy a ladies' bike. I really don't need a ladies bike, I've not seen it in person and hence am not even 100% sure what it is - but it has hub brakes, oil bath chaincase and a very elegant frame; got to be worth a fiver including delivery!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 552, 553, 554, 555, 556