Bicyclemania 8, May 29th 2011

Andy B

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Thought I'd start a thread early for this to give as many folks as much time as possible to join in the fun.

Bicyclemania 8 will be held on Sunday 29th May 2011 @The Grange, Swallow, Nr. Caistor, North East Lincolnshire, LN7 6DL.

Map link of general location

Bicyclemania":3lktlhtx said:
Come & take part in a Classic MTB event in Lincolnshire riding around the rolling 'Wolds'.

Take on the rolling hills, country lanes, byways & bridleways around this beautiful area.

The LONG route is about 64km / 40miles & the SHORT route about 20 miles / 32km.

The routes will have 'feed-stops' where you can get some refreshments.

As you can see from my ugly mug in this pic it's a thoroughly enjoyable event in a beautiful location...

IMG_1365 by thecycledoctor.co.uk, on Flickr

Apologies for the non retro bike, I was promoting Cube bikes for my employer, he's the one in the background in the yellow jacket!

Bicyclemania":3lktlhtx said:
Short route -> 20 Miles/ 32 Kms

Pre-entry fee £10

On the day £15 (On the day fee applies after Friday 20th May 2011)

Registration opens at: 08.00am

Registration closes at: 10.00am

Event starts from: 10.00am to 11.00am. (No pre-bookable start times)

Long Route -> 40 Miles / 64 Kms

Pre-entry fee £15

On the day £20 (On the day fee applies after Friday 20th May 2011)

Registration opens at: 08.00am

Registration closes at: 10.00am

Event starts from: 10.00am to 11.00am. (No pre-bookable start times)

Last year I saw loads of retro bikes, there were Kona's a plenty!

Lets have even more retro bikes there this year :cool:

There should be a hot food and drink available at the start/finish area as well as toilet facilities.

There were also spot prizes bring handed out at the finishing area last year :D

Lets make this a Retrobike classic event in our own corner of Lincolnshire!

Further information and entry forms available here: http://www.bicyclemania.co.uk/mtbinfo.htm

chrisv40":1tu15w8r said:
Seriously considering doing that this year Andy.
I reckon you've done a lot of the course already ;)

My Binbrook loop, Dave's Ravendale/Wold Newton loop, John's 'just one more hill' loop, they're all part of the Bicyclemania route!

You know you want to Chris!

is this an event as opposed to a race? tempted to have a go too. is the 20 mile aimed for more recreational riders? dont really fancy a 40 mile slog to be honest.

lewis1641":2qj964ph said:
is this an event as opposed to a race? tempted to have a go too. is the 20 mile aimed for more recreational riders? dont really fancy a 40 mile slog to be honest.
It's a 'challenge' type event, it is timed. The challenge(s) are (a) to get round the course & (b) to beat the last time you did for the same course

If it was a race you wouldn't be able to use Bridleways and the insurance would be a lot more expensive from what I'm told

The 20 miler is aimed at those who don't want to do the full 40 miles, as there were quite few last year who stared the 40 but didn't finish for various reasons.

As I did the 40 last year I plan to do the 40 this year, but we will see!

Both events will start & finish at the same place so it doesn't matter if folks do the 20 or 40 mile routes, we will all be able to meet up before, if not after the event

I believe that the 20 miler may use some of the same trails as the 40 miler, so there's even a chance to ride as a group

I wonder how many Retrobikers we can form into a peleton....

do they take paypal or online transactions yet or are they still\in the dark ages ;-)

tagging to remind me to look later thinking 40miler as we can already ride 20 miles

Back