Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello fellow bike lovers,

This is one of my bikes. I first saw it in 1996 when I was reading a Porsche magazine in France. It featured the Bike S and Bike FS. At that time the bike was too expensive for me, but it never left my mind after I saw it... ten years later I was browsing some German marketplace website and saw it again, for sale ! One week later I drove 6 hours from Rotterdam to Stuttgart to collect it. It belonged to an employee of Porsche who bought it when it came out. He told me he used it only a few times in the last ten years ! The frame was in absolute perfect original state with no scratches at all and still had the original Sachs Neos group mounted. After riding it a few times I noticed the bottom bracket had, although still in a new state, some play in it. So I upgraded the drivetrain with these components: X-0 carbon rear derailleur, X-0 shifters, X-9 front derailleur and an XT bottom bracket/cranckset. I also turned the the "stem" (how would you call it?) upside down and mounted CODA bar ends I had from another bike.

Future plans I have for this bike are new wheels (perhaps with a disc brake in front). Hope you like it, for me it is one of the most beautiful frames around !

Attachments:
bike-s.jpg
bike-s.jpg [ 91.86 KiB | Viewed 9875 times ]
bike-s-top.jpg
bike-s-top.jpg [ 98.69 KiB | Viewed 9876 times ]
bike-s-drivetrain.jpg
bike-s-drivetrain.jpg [ 100.01 KiB | Viewed 9876 times ]

Last edited by Queste on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Very nice. I'm a fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 am 
Retro Guru

I love these bikes, especially the forks and stem combo. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 am 
Devout Dirtbag

nice !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:16 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

i'd love a porsche bike!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:04 pm 
Old School Hero

Queste wrote:
Hello fellow bike lovers,
This is one of my bikes. I first saw it in 1996 when I was reading a Porsche magazine in France. It featured the Bike S and Bike FS. At that time the bike was too expensive for me, but it never left my mind after I saw it... ten years later I was browsing some German marketplace website and saw it again, for sale ! One week later I drove 6 hours from Rotterdam to Stuttgart to collect it. It belonged to an employee of Porsche who bought it when it came out. He told me he used it only a few times in the last ten years ! The frame was in absolute perfect original state with no scratches at all and still had the original Sachs Neos group mounted. After riding it a few times I noticed the bottom bracket had, although still in a new state, some play in it. So I upgraded the drivetrain with these components: X-0 carbon rear derailleur, X-0 shifters, X-9 front derailleur and an XT bottom bracket/cranckset. I also turned the the "stem" (how would you call it?) upside down and mounted CODA bar ends I had from another bike.
Future plans I have for this bike are new wheels (perhaps with a disc brake in front). Hope you like it, for me it is one of the most beautiful frames around !

That's really nice :) .
There was a Porsche bike in a now defunked bike shop I used to go to on occassions, not sure now which year it was, it may well have been a full susser Evolution?
Looked fantastic in 'Racing Red' and quite different from the 'regular' triangular framed offerings.
I can't remember how much it was, but it was the most expensive bike they had in the shop :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Nice to see you like it ! Technically the bike is more or less "family" of a Votec Tox but it has more sloping... I really like the other Votec bikes as well, you don't see them around that much...

@Defender : I think you mean the second bike on this site (2007 FS version). I don't think it is made by Votec but it sure looks neat too !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:41 pm 
Old School Hero

Queste wrote:
Nice to see you like it ! Technically the bike is more or less "family" of a Votec Tox but it has more sloping... I really like the other Votec bikes as well, you don't see them around that much...
@Defender : I think you mean the second bike on this site (2007 FS version). I don't think it is made by Votec but it sure looks neat too !

Thanks, I didn't know there were so many different models, the one that folds to fit in the luggage space of a 911 is neat!
I realise it was probably about 10 years ago so I'm a little hazy about the details etc.
It was the unusual frame design and colour that made it really stand out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Whoa! that's one BEAST of a bike. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I have the road Bike S here (well, the frame so far), but that is a very nice bike.

As above, do like the handlebars design. Looks nice, hope you enjoy it.