'98 Specialized Ground Control FSR (Updated 07/13)

Khane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
here's one of my current riders, built with a mish mash of parts from various dates ranging from '98 for the frame to the '04 bombers.

i find it works quite well.

2clbix.jpg

pic was taken yesterday morning on top of Bardon hill (highest point in leicestershire dont you know ;) )

i'll get some more pics of it soon :D

well currently leave as is, but i wil be stripping it down in the next few days and moving everything over to my trek, probably give the frame a good clean up and try and get hold of the bits i need to make it back up.

:D

well plans have changed, being as i now have a set of judy XL triple crowns :D
still being stripped down with pretty much everything being swapped onto my trek (parts were originally from this anyway)

stripping her down later today (Ooo err :LOL: )

I've just come up with this model of bike on Google while I was trying to remember the name of the bike I once borrowed from Keswick Mountain Bikes in the late 90's and had a thoroughly enjoyable day out with. I'd been used to a hardtail at the time and was amazed at how plush it felt. Always thought it was an ugly sod though. ;) How does it ride?

actually rides pretty decently, although time will tell if it rides as well with a period fork instead of the '04 marzzochi with 120mm of travel lol

funny you should ask, took it to Coed Y Brenin with me last friday.

bearings in the BB died after about 20 mins and the rear brake stopped stopping me after about 25 mins lol.

so i'm gonna get rid of the magura and go back to a V brake at the rear coz only having a front brake on some rather scary downhill sections is not fun lol.

2zqh7ba.jpg

b682eg.jpg

i'll get some proper pics when i get her sorted out .

thats also my trek BTW ;)

That'd be annoying!

I've been looking for one at a good price since seeing your thread here, seen nothing so far. If you spot one around, please give me a hard nudge.

Back