MY Breezer is (almost) finished!

steveslow

Devout Dirtbag
Before & after pics below. Paint restoration by Argos Cycles. Spec is very close to original - the only exceptions are the tyres, grips & SPDs (which I've had since 1993!).

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 4,988
  • b3.JPG
    b3.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 4,988
Thanks Guys. My aim was complete originality, which did mean using second hand components. Still, everything seems to work well. Just looking for a set of amber wall tyres to finish it off.

The paint finish looks great but it is a bit fragile - my plan is to use helicopter tape before it sees any serious offroad.

The spec:
Frame & Fork: Ritchey Logic tubing, 19". Respray & decals by Argos.
Bars: Ritchey
Grips: Specialized*
Stem: Breezer
Shifters: Deore XT 7 speed rapidfire+
Saddle: Avocet
Seatpost: Ritchey with hite-rite
Wheels: Ritchey Vantage Expert on Deore DX hubs/ shimano QRs
Tyres: Hutchinson Bull dog*
Brakes: Deore XT levers/ DX cantis & hangers.
Brake pads: Kool stop**
F&R Mechs: Deore DX
C/set: Deore DX
Pedals: Deore DX SPDs**
B/B: Deore DX
Chain: SRAM 7 speed
Cassette: HG70 12-28

*= non retro
**= non original spec

Really nice!

Excellent bikes to ride. I borrowed the XT version (Blue - the name escapes me) for a while in 1992 while my Rocky Mountain Blizzard was being warrantied. I loved everything about it apart from the Z-Max tyres which were hopeless (sorry Tom, I think they were) which caused my a big off and some major skin loss.

I came second in the race I entered with it :cool:

The bloke I borrowed it from still has it... and I still ask him to sell me it whenever I see him ;)

Blue with XT would be the Thunder, which I think came equipped with Smokes front(!) and rear for the 1992 model year.

Back