Macretro - Baltic Bawbags Pitlochry Classic - 30th Jan 2011

from dh daves map that looks all low lying ,following the river
so might be thawed ish

mikee":5vgal1ex said:
from dh daves map that looks all low lying ,following the river
so might be thawed ish

I reckon it should be OK, she would have had two young kids in tow which would have altered her perception of how difficult it was.

We are all elite level riders with fitness to match and our bikes are of the highest quality... brakes finely fettled by our expert hands plus uber reliable mechanicals from the 80s and 90s. What can go wrong?

Seriously, we've got a week of warm-ish weather to help the thaw.

right lets go :LOL:

think i'll get food at perth and eat upon arrival
pre-ride picnic :cool: :D

Get there for 10 so we can hit the trail on time :LOL: :LOL:

Bearing in mind you've asked DaveDH to lead and the fact he'd be late for his own funeral this is a tad too exact a schedule. I'll try and gee him up but its never worked before :roll:

DaveDH could we get an acurate map of the route? I can print of a few at work if you can get me the details

Working from home today so dont have a way of getting an accurate map here- more route details though-
Cross Loch Faskally by Clunie bridge the turn right and follow the singletrack road as far as Coronation Bridge, cross the bridge and head back downstream on the singletrack by the River Tummel to the Linn of Tummel, then bear left upstream to Garry Bridge. Just north of the road bridge is a pedestrian bridge- cross it and continue upstream to Killiecrankie and the Soldiers Leap which is a good spot for a chill and a chat, can also head uphill to the visitor centre here. Return is simply to retrace steps to Garry bridge but continue down east side of river- good track all the way back to the start. The only tech bits are between Coronation Bridge and Garry Bridge, the rest is wide easy footpath with a small steep climb to Soldiers Leap.

If you can do a map from that I'll be able to check it if you want?
The tracks are so low level and sheltered I'd be very surprised if there's much ice. Looks to me like the Ordie trails that are icy are ones which collected lots of snow by being exposed?

Back