Dunkers big bad build thread

Finished spraying, I reckon it needs more lacquer but I've ran out and I'm buggered if I'm buying more for what was essentially an experiment to see if I could paint a frame. And it turns out I can't very well. And I think I've added at least a kilo in weight with the many layers of primer, paint and lacquer. However the bits where the spraying has worked out look great. Especially the frame end of the chainstays where they meet the seat tube, you know? The bit nobody ever sees.

So tomorrow night I build!

Feeling despondent :(

The gear hanger on the Trek has stripped its thread and it appears it has happened before as the thread thats stripped this time is one of those helicoil thread thingies. Mind you it means it can be repaired again :roll:

So no Trek exotica for the Pitlochry run.........POO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to Emmelle SS project :(

velomaniac":2j7b10ni said:

The gear hanger on the Trek has stripped its thread and it appears it has happened before as the thread thats stripped this time is one of those helicoil thread thingies. Mind you it means it can be repaired again :roll:

put a pic up of the hanger (or send me a pic on yer phone) or even a link to one on ebay as i have a few diffrent ones kicking about ;)

Ah the innocence of youth :roll:

BITD Treks and loads of other alloy mtb's did not have removable gear hangers, this feature was brought in because of the number that got ripped off and could not be easily rewelded like a steel frame.

Thus Eck, kind though your offer is it does not address the problem, its the threads in the gear hanger not the gear hanger being broken.

Nope I'm getting the emmelle on the case as per original plan.

velomaniac":nxxanvps said:
Ah the innocence of youth :roll:

BITD Treks and loads of other alloy mtb's did not have removable gear hangers, this feature was brought in because of the number that got ripped off and could not be easily rewelded like a steel frame.

Thus Eck, kind though your offer is it does not address the problem, its the threads in the gear hanger not the gear hanger being broken.

Nope I'm getting the emmelle on the case as per original plan.

ah , i'd of helped if i could of v :(

velomaniac":3ktggzoj said:

'Nut 'n' bolt it Vee' :?

Back