dave kane frame? manchester builder?

playford

Retro Guru
just seen this for sale, its a local cycle shops name on the frame but I think it must be made by someone else as there was no frame builders in NI at that point.

anyone any ideas??

apparently, It was built in manchester?? I heard them say paul dean and harry hall in background?? but got a bit sniffy about exact details on the phone? seems like it was someone who built for the trade but maybe never came out with their own bikes?

43437009.jpg

43436842.jpg
[/img]

Autostrada built a lot of harry hall frames when I was there ,paint job looks familiar
I need close ups of the seat stay ends and drop outs to tell though

Dave Kane.

Thought it rang a bell!

I used to ge to N Ireland on business in the 80s, and when I had a little spare time (not much) I used to look up the local bike shops.

I have some advertising material from Dave Kane somewhere.

Roadking.

Dave Kane.

From memory Kane's was a"proper"bike shop, like the shops I used to hang out in when growing up in south London...Geoffrey Butler's, Allin's, Young's, Holdsworth's in Putney...

Then in later years Dauphin Sport at Box Hill where Steve Snowling used to work when not working on the continent.

Roadking.

I had a Dave Kane 531c frame - bought in 1989. I was under the impression that some were built by Nigel Dean.

When I first moved to these parts, I used to go across to Dauphin Sport when it was run by Tony Mills - bought a Alan Record Carbonio with Chorus - I still see the bike around, last seen under a Hounslow Wheelers rider a few years ago.

Dauphin Sport was a good shop, Steve Snowling by the way was a pro mechanic, Six Days, Milk Race, TdF.

He wrote a great book on bicycle mechanics in the mid/late 1980s.

Roadking.

Back