Baiku

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Saturday. Cross Baiku today? Sneeze. Sniffle. Moan. No. Sunday, well maybe today? Meeting up with the boys at 10.30am. 20 miler fast blast. Small numbers, quick pace. Headache. Sniff. Sneeze. Bunged. Moan. Cancel. Telly. Toast. Bored. Like a pilot (or a teenager) grounded. Empire Strikes Back helps a bit. Here's to next weekend. Reckon that ride may well be the best of my life.

bonus ride sunday. out of the blue. into the blue (cycling kit!). 3 1/2 hours talking bollards with my mate. best cafe in the world. flapjack. tiffin. drink. why do pedestrians walk down the middle of cycle lanes?

Saturday no...Sunday yes...small window to fit in in though...up early...family still dozing...into shed...damn, dont have time to set up RTS...dig out FILTHY Avalanche...hit the trail...cold...very cold...should have put more clothes on...long grass...dew...wet feet...climb first hill...beautiful view...sunshine now quite warming...woods look stunning in the sunshine...blast the water splash...sharp intake of breath...check watch...damn, an 1hr 1/4 now passed...sulk...playtime over

orange71":1zpywil4 said:

The wife makes this and she's a local legend for it in our village. I'll get her to make a stash for Wales................having said that though it may all be gone by the time Mike and I get there...... ;)

can you make one for everyone on the site and pop them in envelopes ready for next sunday's rides all round the country please?

:D

Tiffin for me at least is a kind of stodgy cakey type slice thing with cherries, nuts, etc in a moist slab. Yum yum.

bit like this:

tiffin.jpg

Back