Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford Aftermath

pic 55 - great shot of ma 'tache blowing in the breeze :LOL:

I posted in the other thread but again - big thanks to all for organising a great ride; really welcoming bunch for my first RB meet, cracking singletrack and what a selection of bikes :shock:

Lessons learnt - need shorter stem, Marin was overkill (and overheavy) for Thetford and must get FITTER!!!!!

Apoligies to REKIBorter for my friends impromptu, endo resulting calamity - I can't take him anyhere ;)

marin man":25csvnjx said:
You should have came along tintin....good laugh it was :LOL:

having no car means relying on the trains :evil: end of subject.

I had to use the train as well :roll:

wasn so bad but brandon station.......derelict and spooky is an understatement :LOL: :LOL:

marin man":qtizapoh said:
I had to use the train as well :roll:

wasn so bad but brandon station.......derelict and spooky is an understatement :LOL: :LOL:

North London is a different world on a Sunday. No service due to train workings

I think I had the only fully plastic retro bike there :shock: would have been nice to have another one along but .....maybe next time :LOL: :LOL:

Name: 'legrandefromage'

Meet: Thetford 'round 2' National Events Series

Bike: 1988/9 Overbury's Pioneer

Faults during ride: rear canti spring needed two turns of an allen key

166325_10150176403789762_612249761_8742980_5055166_n.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Lou74 , Reki, Mark 29er, sinnett177 for organizing a great ride and a great venue :) , well done for getting us all around ,and no one lost or injured , and a big thanks for those who kept me company at the back :)

A Big thanks goes out to Si (Dr S) for the lift down,, and picking me up at silly o clock in the morning (4.30am... jeez :roll: :LOL: )

Great to be out on the bike again and was nice to see some of the old iron (and plastic :LOL: ) being used and enjoyed as it should be.. :)

See you on the next one.. :)

Back