197? Puch Super Sprint

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked this up from the local bootsale... I dont tend to buy bootsale bikes.. But it stood out at me and i just had this sudden urge of WANT!

Its big... Which is fine for me at 6ft. I havnt measured it yet tho...

Its all original as far as i can tell Weinmann centrepulls, Chromix guards, And puch wheelnuts :LOL:

The seat is actually bloody comfortable even if it does look at tad crap, Might get changed yet....

The plan of action is just to give it a stripdown and re-grease as it hasnt been ridden in yonks. The grease in the freewheel is clogged and its dusty all over...
Itll then get alot of polish and cleaning... :cool:

I know its not much , And wasnt when it was new. But nice looking, Classy (imho) Looking bikes like this are the sort of thing that interests me :D

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

My dad's got one like that! I love the deep purple colour. Puchs do have something about them don't they? There's some really nice detailling, like the chrome tops to the fork.

I do love them... Going to be taking it out again tommorow as i havnt ridden it since i bought it. Been too wet so its just been daily hack territory

good to see Puch lovers outside of Austria - my first "propper" bike BITD, was a Puch Clubmann in lovely bordeaux; anyway, nice find :cool:

if you want to know more about the year of build, tell me the serial # and I will ask the Austrian Puch guru.

That would look great all stripped down with flipped bars, like a teenager might have done to his brand new bike in his dad's garage many many years ago...

Jonny69":3rynxcpn said:
That would look great all stripped down with flipped bars, like a teenager might have done to his brand new bike in his dad's garage many many years ago...

Gotta admit i thought that too. But ive decided against it. Only because of how bloomin nice it is to just "plod" along on... Its not quick. But its nice :)

Think the colour lends itself well to some period mods tho....

magas":3pbtrscn said:
good to see Puch lovers outside of Austria - my first "propper" bike BITD, was a Puch Clubmann in lovely bordeaux; anyway, nice find :cool:

if you want to know more about the year of build, tell me the serial # and I will ask the Austrian Puch guru.

Ah cheers for that. Ill get the serial and give you a p.m :D

Hey,

I've just inherited what I think is a Puch Sprint (have to collect it, but will post photos soon after).

Want to clean it up and start suing it as a daily ride, but it is in need of some serious restoration. Two buckled wheels, missing front derailleur & some surface rust.

Anyone got ideas on what modern components will fit?
This is going to be a fairly budget job of eBay bargains (although I may splash a bit on a new wheelset).

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Puch did the frame in 21" red and 23" purple. My dad bought me the 23" one when I was 13 thinking i'd grow into it (I didn't) 27x1 1/4 wheels and weinmann centre pulls. I sold it over 10 years ago but the owner has agreed to sell it back to me once he cuts it out of the tree growing through it.

Back