Dunkers big bad build thread

:? none of my cranks are lighter than the sugino's, decisions decisions. Though the 180's are virtually unrideable for me. :(

my lx's are 170's but I noticed no difference, is it not just the gearing that is messing with you? The trails around pit should not have to many crank ground issues?

Could be, though I did get punted off when the crank ran aground. I'll sort the gearing first I think. I actually have an old LX chainset and the crank arm non drive side is lighter than all the rest. I'll need to whip the rings off it to weigh it :)

yeah those old Lx cranks are pretty nice bits of kit given they were mid range and all- you think you will get the magic ratio with the 32/16?

Ah no sure :? looks good without a tensioner, would hate to fit one.

After a fair wee bit of cursing and swearing I've got my Trek to handle rather well thanks to old school 50mm travel forks. The 80mm are too long and made steering slow and ponderous.

Next I may attempt canti brakes if I can get a noodle for the rear cable routing as Vee's dont seem too good on the rear. I'll stick with SS for the mo gearing wise though :D

Is the BB a bit lower than you're used to? Can't imagine 5mm making the difference.

I've got a nice light set of black 170mm CODAs :) 510g... 15g lighter than my XT M732 170mm cranks.

Everythin I've got is about 480g, the suginos were 450g odd, I suppose the 1.5" tyres aren't helping ground clearance either.

To be fair I did get used to them! I think they'll stay for the meet any way.

Back