Treating 4130 cromo inside of frame?

I have waxoyl and supertrol - st is defo the better option for a frame :D

Try searching my name and supertrol, posted about it a few times and there are some pics of the bear valley forks getting treated on my build thread :D

WD :D

Splendid thanks for the info supertrol it is then , only problem is though , i can find it online for £4.00 but postage is £5.95 , is there any shops that sell this , like halfords or B&Q.

Thanks again

Jason

Try your local car shops - that's where mine came from :D I think it's part of the A1 auto stores (or similar name) group ?

WD :D

Anything by Dinitrol will work a treat, their Cavity Wax should protect the inside of a frame for many years.

It's bloody messy stuff though, but best applied slightly warm.... messy, but it gets into all the nooks & crannies :)

I've used hundreds of litres of Waxoyl in my work www.peterflynnclassiccars.com it works well, obviously best on new unrusted steel but, it will help slow things down if it is already rusted. I prefer the clear as you can see whats going on. Framesaver and many others mentioned do the same job. I'd say just go to Halfords and get all of that can in the frame, wipe off any drips it does no harm to the paint.

I'd say Waxoyl would be best. I use Waxoyl every day and my company has, and does constantly test every rust proofing product available. Waxoyl always tops our tests and thats why we continue to use it.

If you have existing rust issues, pre treat with Brunox Turbo Epoxy first, then add waxoyl. Heat it up, pour it in and then keep the frame warm for ten minutes before pouring out the excess.

Si

Back