BoTM Jan 2011 Nominations - Pre 1990 special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good effort from everyone. I'm amazed at some of these.

Agree with al though, this isn't the want factor its about voting for whatever reason you feel. Given the age restraints personally i have found this month a breath of fresh air in terms of something a bit different being entered.

I'm torn at the moment between my love for steel konas, the awesome saracen and a couple of others. Going to give it a few more days and a few more checks before voting.

"I get giddy when I ride it"

Great quote Noah.

I know that feeling. This is the way I often feel as I ride Mtb's.

I may not be fast, jump the farthest, have uncanny trials skill, climb good, tune or clean my bikes to perfection, know everything there is to know about old Mtb's . None of my stuff is really that rare... But... quite often.... while out riding one of my projects:

I feel giddy.....

Then I laugh like a kid on a Saturday afternoon with not a worry in the world..

Simply the best.
T

Ductape":jsrlwuln said:
I may not be fast, jump the farthest, have uncanny trials skill, climb good, tune or clean my bikes to perfection, know everything there is to know about old Mtb's . None of my stuff is really that rare... But... quite often.... while out riding one of my projects:

I feel giddy.....

Speaking of 'great quotes'... Nicely done.

It's commonly referred to as oxygen debt BTW. :LOL:

It looked a little different when I got it. The pictured drivetrain is toast and the chaining bolts are stripped. This bike was ridden hard and put together wet.

image001.jpg

Then I laugh like a kid on a Saturday afternoon with not a worry in the world..

And in these modern times, that is just what we all need.

Some great ebtries this month. Probably my favourite BoTM so far.

I'll throw my Pinarello into the mix. I'll try to take and upload some more recent pics tomorrow showing the Suntour mechs and thumbies, Dia Compe levers and Rolls saddle currently in place, but these ones will have to do for now. Frame is 501 throughout and I have no idea when it dates from (emailed Pinarello to no avail), though the mega-slack angles and 3-piece fork scream mid-80s.

5287957293_d91ba6f7db_z.jpg

5288565934_49b58e645e_z.jpg

and more pics and spec here

Cheers,
Gareth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back