20mm bolt through stuck

hesdownagain

Old School Hero
hi. i have a 20mm bolt through front axel that will not undo. their is a little button/leaver type thing on the threaded end that you push and then undo the axel. nothing is happening when i try to undo it, the axel is very tight and i have to tap it with a rubber mallet but it just keeps going round and round and will not undo. any idea's on how to undo it. thanks..

thanks for the answers guys. when i put the wheel on i just locate the wheel in the forks slide the threaded end in and through the hub then turn it so the threads engauge and tighten. when i undo it you just press the lever and undo. i have never had to loosen or undo any other pins or bolts.you will not be able to see anything from a photo, except the part that you turn to undo it which looks like a QR end but bigger everything else is inside forks. i have sprayed it with GT85 but is still will not come out..just keeps turning..what i should add is they are the bomber 66 forks don't know if it makes any difference. had another go today still can't budge it..could it be cross threaded ??

i could be wrong but it sounds like there is a bolt one end and axle which goes into this
maybe the bolt just stayed in place generally when you put the axle through
allen keys on both sides right?
:?

looking at the axles online, i think im right

hi. no there are no fixings at the bottom of the forks. the axle just goes through the fork/hub and screws into the other fork leg. when you tighten it the lever i mentioned that you have to raise to undo it sort of clips over to act as a catch to stop it coming out.

sorry i'm not very good at explaining it. no it's not QR it's bolt through, the end has the same look as QR when i say the end i mean the part you turn when tightening it. the other end has a thread which locates into the leg of the fork.

if they are the forks i think, then you shouldn't press the button to undo them. just turn the lever.....

the button is so you can re position the lever.

i see what you mean. it will not undo. although it was not hard to turn when i put the front wheel on i think it may be crossrd thread why else will it not undo..

Latest posts

Back