Raleigh Team Track SBDU restoration project FINISHED! 24/01

I finally finished this and went for a quick spin around the block to test it, my first ever ride of a fixed gear, trying to un-learn my habits was interesting!
I've kept the spec as near to the original as I can whilst keeping it rideable, this is not a museum piece - it will get ridden (although not in wet/salt covered roads!)
I am running the road forks on this with a Campy monoplaner front brake, this provides an excellent feel through a bmx lever, though not period or original, it is superior to my Record brakes on my road bike. BTW the front wheel shown will not be used with a brake, in case you're wondering.
Bars, Stem, Rims, Hubs, BB, Crankset, all bolts, Frame and Forks are all original, I would like to clean up a few nuts and bolts as there is a little surface rust here and there.
Sorry if this is picture heavy, I'd like to get a decent background in the photos rather than the white wall, will take some decent ones in the spring.
Thanks to Mercian for the superb restoration of the frame.
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

playford":214ikj6w said:
those wheels are outstanding.

I keep trying to talk mysellf out of record hubs and they keep drawing me back, those rims are outstanding too.

can you get anything like that, thats a clincher?
Sorry for delay - they're Mavic's and Tubs I'm afraid

beautiful!
i had SB 436 a track frame/forks from 1974 - when pennies were low i had to sell it.... i really regret doing that - hold on to this beauty!

sbdu4.jpg

sbdu2.jpg

sbdu1.jpg

Attachments

• sbdu1.jpg
    sbdu1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 4,194
Brilliant! Been waiting for this for ages. It looks every bit as good as I thought it would. What tyres have you got on it?

Back