"Classic" MTB Bike show anyone (Big Gulp)

MM

Marquees can be dearer than static venues, a big one can be £30,000 for two days. I know this, as I've helped organise exhibitions at Agricultural shows many times.
York Cycle rally would work well, particularly as it's just down the road from me and we have a lot of site members around here :D Will see if I can contact the organisers.

VW SHOWS...

Its already been suggested on here that we have a Retrobike bike meetup at VANSFEST next summer :D Volkswagens and classic bikes ;) There is an indoor VW show in February called Bugfreeze..Stalls are available if booked early enough :)

York sounds good, just everyone turn up park all the bikes in a nice neat line and if anyone fromt CTC asks, 'were all just buddies metting at your fine establishment sir' :LOL: , :idea: then they have a saddle bag-sale on sunday afternoon where you can book a table to sell goods, beware tho -they are a stinjy lot :LOL:

just hope it don't rain cos they will probably charge for pitching your own Marquee .

its being done already on a small scale. 1st saturday of every month outside muddock cycles in bristol & small scale bike jumbles (usually tat).
depending on where it is I could be interested. singletrackworld.com did 2 events based at races, both of which were a financial flop & they gave up. given their mag & website publicity I'm surprised it didnt work out.

Sounds a great idea, would love to see but, as said earlier, don't know how practicable it would be ? I remember going to an STW cycle jumble sale at Bingley Hall Stafford which was great but few people turned up. I remember seeing some nice gear though, a Fat and Manitou spring to mind... I recall thinking it would be nice to show my (just built up) Indy Fab off at the time... Also recall seeing some rare King wheels off Chipps but not buying and have regretted ever since :cry:

yeah i like this. Mrs Wu's always wanting to organise a bike jumble locally too (just rolled her eyes and said "I told you if we built it, they would come").

Ok, let's think about it and how to get it going. I would imagine the retro movement will be considerably bigger, at this rate, by next year anyway and that'll be a big help.

:D

Interesting idea.

The show part has already been done with our stand at MM this year. We'll definitely be there next year :D

As for the jumble idea we'd have to give that some thought, esp following the flop of the stw swap meets...

Sounds like a great idea, however...

There aren't that many of us in the UK that live too close really, so travelling may be an issue. I agree that attaching ourselves to an event would have more people, but they could well be people that are not remotely interested.

I think starting small is a good idea. Maybe if there are enough people on here dotted about the country with some land/access to a venue there could be a kind of roaming event?????

Tim

Back