Topping up oil in a rear air shock

So on a fox float shock even if the pressure has been released from the schrader valve it still has internal pressure? If so its a good job I haven't got round to taking mine apart yet :?

yeah the air cans, seals etc. are servicable. they simply unscrew. but inside the stanchion 'boom'
i suspect
although mine has no rebound! maybe it has leaked!
wear goggles :LOL: :LOL:

JamesM":3njhurot said:
So on a fox float shock even if the pressure has been released from the schrader valve it still has internal pressure? If so its a good job I haven't got round to taking mine apart yet :?

Just thinking about it.........You have a go first and then if you survive I will do mine :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What shock is it? Most of them these days don't have oil in them.

Just empty the air out, pump it through a few cycles and empty again, then remove from the frame. And dismantle. Just don't touch the "don't touch as it's high pressure gas" part.

It is the high pressure bit that is squelchy....it says in the manual "this is due to the oil damper being low on oil" and "do not service this part yourself"

But knowing that lables like this often state the obvious...ie careful sharp blade....caution hot coffee etc etc. I just wondered wether someone with an iq above room temperature could manage it....

Apparently not.........

Back