Intense Tazer Dream Build

IntenseAddict

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, Ive just purchased an Intese Tazer FS 2nd hand and want to build it up with all the parts I always wanted, but could never afford new.

TazerFS.jpg

^On its way from America

The frame is a black 2003 Intense Tazer with the FSR suspension geometry. Ive wanted one since 2001 and never really fancied the VPP that they make now.

The bike is complete except the wheels, but I am planning to change other bits as I find them. Top of my wish list now is some Mavic Deemax rims and some Manitou Dorado SCs.

So can anybody out there help me out with finding these wheels and forks? Or do you have any suggestions that would be even better. Im open to changing pretty much everything to make it perfect.

Dear All,

Love another Tazer FS, I have a Tazer. Pics of my old Tazer are below.

Attachments

• Tazer detail.jpg
    Tazer detail.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 4,217
  • Tazer.jpg
    Tazer.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 4,217
there are some deemax on pinkbike, pop up quite often on there, doubt theyll be period correct but deemax all the same

woah! that seat needs burning and sending to hell! blimey!

how do you guys stop the mech from banging on the pivot in front of it? (that joins seatstay to chainstay)
my bike has a similar pivot and always bashes it on jumps etc. :(

Well the original Tazer I was going to get fell through due to the shipping costs, but I have just got my hands on a frame

IMG_6155-1.jpg

Going to start by building it up with the parts from my jump bike, but then I need to look for some suitable light weight 4x wheels and some plush 100-140mm travel forks.

:cool: That looks fresh!
They look good in white. Are you going with white parts or for a more retro feel?

To begin with Im having to use what parts I have.

That means 2001 Marzocchi Z3 100s in silver (that was the first year they had the power wrap M arch), and Funn wheelset in black. There from my hardtail dual slalom bike, but they are far from my ideal.

The only period fork Im considering buying is the 2003 Dorado Sc, but there really rare and overpriced. I might go with modern Fox 831s as they seem to be the best 4x forks unless somebody knows otherwise. Think I will struggle to get nice period wheels, so will get a suitable Mavic set built from the current lineup.

Currently painting the rear linkages where the paints been chipped, but no signs of cracks or dents.

Back