Retrobike National Event Series: Rd 2 Thetford Aftermath

thetford

boy am i aching today! love the carpet-like forrest floors, better for my bike and my bones.

good, no ,great to meet all of you! top laugh and a retro bike fest.

see you soon ;) :cool:

thanks to john, mark s ,mark and lou74 for a cracking ride, i think i got my knee down on some of the bends ,top fun. i thought the pile up on the king of the mountain climb made me chuckle , what happend?
great to meet you chapps hope to see you all again soon ;)
p.s thanks for the parts Dr , i can finaly finish the SStone.
Lee.

drystonepaul said:
elPedro lets the NWA side down with his USEless seatpost.

it kept sinking into the IBIS :roll:

A great event to start off the series even though it was round 2 ! A big thanks to all the folks who organised it and to the catering staff at the cafe. A special thanks to Chris & James who helped me out in my moment of need when me and one of my crank bolts decided to part company !

Memories of the day

Getting up at 4.20am after 2 hours kip :(
Meeting the rest of the NW gang at the little Chef and being chased by the waiter for an unpaid bill! :)
Arriving after a looooong drive. :p
Meeting more folk from the site. :D
Seeing some top end machinery. :cool:
Recieving free stuff , stickers , water bottles , energy sachet's - nice one Guv :cool:
Loads of twisty single track riding. :D
Seeing my crank arm on the floor! Must remember to do a full bolt check before setting off. :LOL:
The even longer drive home. :(
Going to work at 10pm to do a shift till 6am. :cry:

Looking forward to the next round already

Forgot to thank Gareth (Gruff) for helping with the food order list. Cheers mate much appreciated.

i did not have 4 butties at lunch!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i ordered 2, then was given one, then they realised they had given me one instead of it going to someone else, then i got my second one!!! and that was all!!!!

it's a conspiracy!!! :x :x :x :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

just about to upload the pics to the laptop, i'll sort through a few and post some then i'll photobucket the rest.

:shock: You ate four .....yes.......4 .......butties......... :shock:

I had two and felt guilty.....hope you feel reallllllllllllyyyyy bad :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Where to start, its all a blur from my 04.45am alarm clock til my 21.15 return its was almost all 100mph (and at times literally).

Think the overiding memory is the amasing effort that the organisers put in. Not just on the day but in the weeks leading up to this event, Dan, Chris and Lewis deserve special mention and thanks for all their efforts.

I suppose I must mention the turn out, what an attendance :shock: probably more retrobikes than Mayhem in a small car park in Thetford. Well done to everyone for putting in the miles and supporting the series. Special mention to Dr S for driving the 'yellow peril' 280 odd miles in each direction, I felt sure my 260 odd miles would be a winning score, true dedication. It was really great to put faces to the usernames also, think I'll sort some name badges out for the next round at Cannock though.

BoTR was areally tricky one especially considering the quality of bikes being ridden, Fats, Kleins, Klunkers to mention just a few. But for myself and Chris the standout bike was DSP's Saracen sticker fest with 200GS groupset. It handled the terrain and the pace all day long and put many a 'superbike' to shame.

Sprint of the event was awarded to Sithlord. For those of you in the know Si hasn't been very well over the past 18 months, but he stuck with the group all day long and battled to the finish. His prize was most generously donated and Si walked off with a NOS Giro lid, in the most tasteful of colours.

One final word about the trails. I've never ridden but Dan (CK) assured me they'd be great over the winter months and I'd have to agree with him. There was no elevation to speak of but the trails were great fun and the conditions perfect. I've not washed the ti-mega yet and can't decide if it really needs it as it looks clean enough to me.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

jonnyboy666":tki8bn9c said:
just uploaded the pics to the laptop . . . theres 970!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Thats one hell of a lot of photos what did you take pictures of all the leaves in the forest.

Andy

A big thank you to the Anglian organisers and to Mark for the wider organising.

Great to meet so many folk :LOL:

Slightly sore today ..... not from riding but from falling off ........ twice :oops: :roll:

Stupid SPuDs :LOL:

Looking forward to the FOD in May

Back