The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh idont mind...i have tosell them attatched to some rims anyways to buy the forks i need to replace the ones i swapped for a pair of wheels(nice pair of anodised red 5 spoke gipiemmes on ceramics arriving on monday)...does the madness ever end..good luck on the mags....

Hello all, I have a couple of MTB's here that may or may not be worth be saving for prosperity, but I really don't know a huge amount about them, and wondered if the collective wisdom of retrobike might shed some light on it n

I'm considering the idea of getting rid of them and updating to newer bikes. But I wondered if either of them would be of interest to anyone who collects this sort of thing, or if they are simply fodder for a the sub £50 section on a card in the local shop window.

Both bikes were bought new by me, in 2000 or 2001, and have been used very sparingly since, hence, apart from a few scratches here and there, they are both immaculate (no dents or cracks either), and both pretty much original. They even still have the original chains and rings on them, and I'm embarrassed to say they have planty of life left in them. (I changed the bars on both for more comfort, and the Schwinn now has an air shocker on the back - all the original parts and the shock are still kicking about in the garage somewhere though.)

Both bikes were subject to a complete stripdown, total clean, and rebuild with all new bearings in 2009, and they have only been ridden once since. The Schwinn was a pain in this respect, as that rear end contains 8 seperate ball bearings, all of which had to be pressed out and pressed back in... Soooooo comfortable though...

I'd be interested (obviously) in what they might actually be worth, but also in any history or links to relevant data about them.

Your opinions are welcome, thanks

The Schwinn four banger, last year.
photo.jpg

The Giant, mid rebuild.
photo5.jpg

Cheers!

Four banger has to be worth a pretty penny. I am going to completely estimate but it has to be £250-300

Giant frame £100?

Hard as they are both fairly rare, especially teh Schwinn so wont be much to go on but that doesnt mean they arent desirable :D

MAXTHEROTTI":epu50zw2 said:
ok boys how much should i be looking to pay for a nos sat of magura hs33 racelines?

thanks rob

Not sure about nos but well used ones in neon can go for £70+ so I bet you could double that.

Re: zinn mtb complete bike

slimjoe":3p0rs0x0 said:
I tried to do this earlier and it put it in the Retro chat section :x

And yes i have been around long enough to know how things work on here :x

Here goes, ive been offered a Zinn MTB complete bike with full Campag Record OR groupset. It is in used but excellent condition. Neither myself nor the seller have an idea of a price! It is the 531 frame with 753 fork and Zinn stem.

Any ideas?

£300-£600 I reckon depending on condition.

brocklanders023":32hfc0kg said:
MAXTHEROTTI":32hfc0kg said:
ok boys how much should i be looking to pay for a nos sat of magura hs33 racelines?

thanks rob

Not sure about nos but well used ones in neon can go for £70+ so I bet you could double that.

Cool beans
they may well be for sale in a forum near you soon then :cool:

CTK":1t57w4in said:
slimjoe":1t57w4in said:
I tried to do this earlier and it put it in the Retro chat section :x

And yes i have been around long enough to know how things work on here :x

Here goes, ive been offered a Zinn MTB complete bike with full Campag Record OR groupset. It is in used but excellent condition. Neither myself nor the seller have an idea of a price! It is the 531 frame with 753 fork and Zinn stem.

Any ideas?

£300-£600 I reckon depending on condition.

The condition is good. I was thinking around £500-£600 ;)

The groupset is complete 93 Record OR and worth £300 on its own?

XTR M960 chainset and BB

I have a really nice M960 chainset and BB that I may sell, but don't know how much it's realistically worth. Photo here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/94/24324 ... 9861ef.jpg
(this isn't mine but a very similar condition one - can't do pics of mine til end of the week)

Also have matching rear mech and 9 speed shifters, wouldn't mind knowing what they are worth too

Any help appreciated

slimjoe":3iriy2zg said:

Check the DT etc very closely, its thin tubing! Also its entirely dependent on condition for the grouppo, current eBay prices probably dont point to £300 unless NOS, bust still its a good opportunity to get an awesome bike!

Rod_Saetan":2bynsh3u said:
slimjoe":2bynsh3u said:

Check the DT etc very closely, its thin tubing! Also its entirely dependent on condition for the grouppo, current eBay prices probably dont point to £300 unless NOS, bust still its a good opportunity to get an awesome bike!

hey, thanks for that matey ;) ill defo be checking out the condition of the tubes etc. And also if the parts are in a unworn state..Cost a small fortune to replace chainrings, cassette on old record OR :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back