Kore bar
Rito stem
X-Lite stubbie bar ends
X-Lite red Aheadset spacer
Vetta saddle
GT seat post
Rock Shox Dart forks
Schwalble Hardliner front and Hardclimber rear tyres

28/11 New front end set up of Kore bar and Rito stem, and cut the steerer tube down for a lower ride height. Found this to be more comfortable. Also added some red chainring bolts and a red Lizard Skin. Now all I need is a red or alloy seatpost to finish it off.

Attachments

• DSCF3006.JPG
    DSCF3006.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,835
  • DSCF3005.JPG
    DSCF3005.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,832
  • DSCF3004.JPG
    DSCF3004.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,837
  • DSCF3003.JPG
    DSCF3003.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,838
Looks great!! I've always thought there was something about the RTS that just looked right - would have sold a kidney for one back in the early 90's.

Is the rear suspension very effective? I've never had the chance to ride one unfortunately...

The rear sus is very effective. Its not the 8' of travel you get now on the serious DH rigs, but its enough for most day to day situations and a very capable XC machine that inspires a little more confidence than if riding a hardtail. You can also adjust the rear sus unit on the trail, to run between almost lockout to full floating.

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":x6n0972r said:
The rear sus is very effective. Its not the 8' of travel you get now on the serious DH rigs, but its enough for most day to day situations and a very capable XC machine that inspires a little more confidence than if riding a hardtail. You can also adjust the rear sus unit on the trail, to run between almost lockout to full floating.

Sweet.

I only asked because I read an MBA article back in 96 where they talked it down as not being very active, and I was interested in getting a "real" opinion (MBA aren't always the most reliable with their reviews). I assumed it must have been alright seeing as they sold in huge numbers and continued to be produced for a few years after the LTS came out (not too mention the fact Sunn Chippie stole the design for its DH bike)!!

Ta :D
To be honest, I haven't ridden it since its been back :oops:, so I'm planning on doing the BHF Challange this weekend on it to make sure its all working properly before Wales.

She's a beauty.

I've had a '93 RTS 2 for a month or so now and agree that it's a great bike for XC. As you say - just enough travel to inspire confidence, plus the frame design means very little of your pedalling energy gets absorbed by the rear shock.

It might not be the aesthete's choice, but I can't think of many other bikes from around this time that moved things on so much when they were first released.

Nice!

Bizzarely I rode a trail yesterday that I last rode in 1993 with friend on a borrowed RTS2. He steamed ahead of me as bucked about with my hardtail... but he is/was a grade-A nutter.

Yesterday my 7" travel bike made mincemeat of the trail...but I had the same amount of fun.

Back