Titanium RC30 inspired forks

Probably the price, the RC30 was quite an expensive fork new as it was, I think they were about £160 weren't they so god knows what they'd have charged for titanium ones.

Hi All,

I have Gen 1 RC30's on my RC100 and the legs are easy enough to swap out. The drop-outs are welded on.

I would be interested in a set of these if they come off and the price is right :)

Maybe Tim (justbackdated) could give some input, he knows Pace forks inside out.

I have a copy of MTB magazine stashed somewhere stating only two sets were ever made between the Pace Merlin collaboration, one set attached to a reported stolen RC200...imagine that cropping up on ebay one day :)

Good luck with your journey mate

Rich

Thanks bud, I've got the Ti for the legs ordered and I've got a British CNC company on the case with the alloy parts.

We've just waiting for the ti tubing to arrive so we can make sure the dimensions are spot on.

Staf.

The french Merlin importator has designed some Merlin fork.
It was a pace RC30 and he changed steel legs for titanium. But, he putted an aluminium tube inside each legs : from the top of the tube to the brakes bosses, for a stronger clamp on the crown, and a stiffer braking ;-)

But He made only 3 or 5 forks. For the price, people prefered suspension fork. But I still the idea somewhere in my brain :LOL:

Back