Apart from Retrobikes........

New? Nah. Got a retro frame with modern stuff on it as my one concession to 'progress'... That's actually my newest frame too: 1996! :)

I got a Specialized FSR thing...oddly enough, I find myself bypassing it for something a little older most of the time.............

Does 2002 count as new or retro? In one way I suppose you ought to count a 2002 RM Element Team Scandium as 'new' because they still sell the same design. On the other hand, they've been selling that basic design since about 1996, so it's almost like a retro NOS item.

Retro wise I've got my Fat Ti, Roberts and Slingshot (and my Girlfriends Turner XCE) Modernwise I've just my Seven Serva (half Sola, half Verve - Burly enough for 125mm travel forks, light enough for day long treking!), loads of retro touchs to keep me in touch with the retro masses, just a pity I bought a long travel hardtail just before I moved back from Philly USA to Cambridge, flatsville UK (I've added a load more ti since these were taken to add to the blingness - Actiontec cassette and rings, moots stem and seat post and a lovely ti bolt kit):

Attachments

• SNC10663.JPG
    SNC10663.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,016
  • SNC10665.JPG
    SNC10665.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,016
Re: What's the point....

mrkawasaki":1xynp3mr said:
Nope - nothing post '97 at the moment. Would fancy a Ventana El Ciclon if pushed...

Mr K

Good call.

I was considering one for a while, but my 5x5 El Salt has been a dream.

I like riding my old bikes...but when I get back on the modern...so fast.

IMG_4316.jpg

98 is my newest (recently acquired too).

As far as dream bikes, I'd go for something I could use for technical trail riding and downhill, with 6" front and rear, something like a new Foes FXR or Intense 6.6.

My Avalanche Expert, purchased a couple of months back.

Attachments

• DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,187
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1ox8723h said:
My Avalanche Expert, purchased a couple of months back.

I still haven't gotten used to the site of hardtails with so much travel up front! The Avalanches look good value these days - how does it ride?

Back