Dunkers big bad build thread

that nishiki would make a top weenie
or just a top bike
it's funny how i covet at least 2 of velos bike the afore mentioned nishiki
and the cheap cider sponsored bike , fat ? naa gimmie a white lightening
in 23"

sane and sober btw

The problem for all my builds is wheel weight. I cant afford a decent lightweight set of wheels coupled with the fact 130mm OLN rear wheels that are mid to high end are getting very rare and thus very pricy. Spreading the frames to 135mm just feels sacriligious to me.
Nishiki would be lightweight with nice wheels but BB drive side cup require some brutal force to remove.
Just not got enough bike mojo at the mo to get a decent bike built. I admire you guys creations but I do not have the mindset to build beautiful bikes. I get tired, frustrated and dispirited too easily and at the moment I'm just too knackered due to S.A.D. :roll:

mikee":1ryl3pcc said:
that nishiki would make a top weenie
or just a top bike
it's funny how i covet at least 2 of velos bike the afore mentioned nishiki
and the cheap cider sponsored bike , fat ? naa gimmie a white lightening
in 23"

sane and sober btw

He had a nice Royce that looked really cool. And one of his old frames is now one of my favourite bikes :D

You guys are too kind :D

The Royce Union looked cool but rode major sh***, it was just an alloy version of an Apollo :roll:

velo as you know a good set of wheels can be bought for 50/60 quid
of of here a bit of fetteling can take an axle down 5 mm to fit a 130
frame ,i know ,iv'e done it
you could always sell me the nish ,or let me take the b/b cup out for you

anyway mebee being the "biggest loser" to coin a phrase will get you
kudos at dunkers

Just started a rush job on an interesting alternative.

Trek 9500 full sus circa 1992.

Its got a top end Easton Alloy frame with simple rubber doughnut stack rear shock, added will be my Manitou Six forks, pair of black 32 spoke wheels, v-brakes, WTB tyres, alloy stem, seatpin, bars, cranks all SS'd to 32:20 ratio. This should be sub 25 lb ;)

Was going to save this bike untill i got a decent set of parts but hey ho, why not !

jeezus mate you just roll them out
after seeing longuns one at BDW last year i decided i will get one of them
i look forward to this
might just build my cannondale est as a yang to your ying :LOL:

I think I've just discovered that spray painting might not be a good choice of career change for me.

Whoops.

velomaniac":2ob83rug said:
Just started a rush job on an interesting alternative.

Trek 9500 full sus circa 1992.

Its got a top end Easton Alloy frame with simple rubber doughnut stack rear shock, added will be my Manitou Six forks, pair of black 32 spoke wheels, v-brakes, WTB tyres, alloy stem, seatpin, bars, cranks all SS'd to 32:20 ratio. This should be sub 25 lb ;)

Was going to save this bike untill i got a decent set of parts but hey ho, why not !

now you are talking turkey :cool:

Back