My beloved KHS Alite 3000

random_dave_1

Retro Guru
Here is my pride and joy, a 1996 KHS Alite 3000. It's got the easton tubing and I've swapped the finishing kit for ritchey bits. The wheels and tyres are upgrades/replacements but other than that it's pretty much stock. Without a doubt the nicest frame I've ridden.

Attachments

• CIMG0476 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0476 (Small).JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,164
  • CIMG0477 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0477 (Small).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,161
KHS

Love these bikes, can you remember the soft tail they used to do? I was in my local Halfords the other night and they were servicing a tiny 13 inch Comp Elite. It was being ridden to work every day and had full Purple kit: Machine tech canti's, levers, canti hangers, cranks, Ringle hubs, purple bars, stem, seatpost etc it looked amazing.

Yeah they're nice. There's a single speed soft tail on ebay.com at the mo but I just can't justify the expense at the mo! I do think khs are a very under-rated manufacturer, this frame just inspires confidence on the singletrack. Next time I do cannock chase it's definitely coming with me, the hire bike was horrible!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Another couple of photos from todays trip out to make the most of the sunshine!

Attachments

• CIMG0482 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG0482 (Medium).JPG
    163 KB · Views: 2,048
  • CIMG0480 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0480 (Small).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,050
That was a close as I could come to a smile, I didn't want to admit that it was actually freezing and I couldn't feel my fingers!

Size-wise it seems fine, it's a 19 inch frame and with the height I have the saddle I can only just touch the ground with the tips of my toes. Maybe it had shrunk due to the cold!

random_dave_1":1lt4t9qw said:
That was a close as I could come to a smile, I didn't want to admit that it was actually freezing and I couldn't feel my fingers!

Size-wise it seems fine, it's a 19 inch frame and with the height I have the saddle I can only just touch the ground with the tips of my toes. Maybe it had shrunk due to the cold!

I hope your just talking about the bike!!! :oops:

In my defence I was wearing shorts! My Khs jersey turned up today from Australia, unfortunately it swamps me, definitely a freeride top.

Back