My Journey. GT build (WARNING! Reebok content)

BertR00t":5d4lqr31 said:
Looks a nice piece. Lots of coordinated Hope goodness. I have a soft spot for red things personally...

thanks buddy :).. my youngest son is currently heading towards a very serious red hope addiction lol.. any words of advice for him? lol[/url]

i too have a red addiction! (and blue, 2 bikes)

advice would be, dont go near the internet or bike shops, never carry any cash or cards with you incase you happen to go past a bike shop and cancel your internet contract

cyfa2809":2xzwnc2g said:
i too have a red addiction! (and blue, 2 bikes)

advice would be, dont go near the internet or bike shops, never carry any cash or cards with you incase you happen to go past a bike shop and cancel your internet contract

HAHAHAHAHA so tr....sorry.. start again... SO true sir!!! been there done that lol. my youngest has just been paid and is asking all sorts of questions (he's 16) one of which is "can we go up the bike shop tomorrow dad" lol the rest just involves red this and skewers that, more red this and then some rotors that lol, he's got it bad!

lol cash he has.. he did a paper round for 4 years at around 9 quid a week.. now he is earning near on 200 quid a week :) which is a huge jump and he is SO used to surviving on 9 quid a week.. dosnt really have any vice's other than his bike so he tends to save well :)

gets his bike in the workstand this morning for him to give it its weekly tlc and as we clamped it in i commented on how lovely his new goldie lookin chain is.. he put his hand to his neck and said i havnt got one on dad!.. LOL.. i so pointed at said golide lookin chain and said 'when did you add the bling then' (its rusty by the way.. not gold). would seem the 6 days a week back and forth to work have taken their toll on his chain so i insisted he buys another, after all he knows to lube and take care of all bits that move on his bike,, its the law in this house lol and he obviously hadnt done it last week, so we fetched a new chain/rear pads and stocked up on the lubes needed. unfortunately for him and fortunately for his bank the shop was clean out of blue 'ano amazingness' meaning i'll sit and search to the end of the internet tonight to find him some better deals :)

crc sale
a few i mentioned above
ebay
on here
pinkbike

hunt hunt hunt ;)

did you get new cassette and ring at the same time as chain?

cyfa2809":2p9arhcb said:
crc sale
a few i mentioned above
ebay
on here
pinkbike

hunt hunt hunt ;)

did you get new cassette and ring at the same time as chain?

nope as they was new less a month ago and look fine and dandy :).. its shifting like a dream currently :)

i love when everything works although then it sjust like waiting for the next thing to go wrong :LOL:

You should have a look at the SRAM PG990 cassettes, very nice and shiny in different colours. I stuck one on the Pace and like it a lot, shifts very smoothly. Crap pic though. Might take some more of the bike tomorrow now it is just about finished.

5163172771_2709f3f75b_z.jpg

Back