Titanium RC30 inspired forks

Loving your enthusiasm on this bud, i would be very interested in a pair if all does go ahead. As others have mentioned China is the way forward, they might already produce something similar that you could get them to modify?

Pace already did this mid 90's.....

Merlin legs in RC Crown, I believe there was an MMC version as well, will dig out the MTB Pro the test was in....

the RC30's were UK build, a lot of that sentiment will be lost with "Chinese copies" imho. As we all know a lot of our purchases are not too rational :roll:
Think people will easiliy pay a little extra for a UK made product,Think Global Act Local ;)
good luck with the project, like the idea!

Well I've sent an email to various companies manufacturing ti frames and ti tubing to see what the tubing is going to cost to get the right stuff, Ti-3Al-2.5V seems to be the grade for MTB tubing so we'll have to wait and see what the costs are like.

I think a few people may have got the wrong idea as to what I'm intending to do here, I literally wanted to have a couple of pairs made for myself so I could use them on any bike, so they'd have and adjustable leg length and removable brake mounts so they suit what ever purpose I applied them to.

I'm not looking to mass produce just do a limited run to keep the cost down per fork, I will be using the right materials and getting what ever testing is needed to make sure they're up for the job and if I pull it off I will just be selling off a few pairs if anyone wants one but if they don't I'll just be fitting them to mine (all of 'em :LOL: )

boxxer":3b3gju13 said:

Merlin legs in RC Crown, I believe there was an MMC version as well, will dig out the MTB Pro the test was in....

Are you sure bud? Pace certainly had a titanium look to the finish of their fork around that time which is what got me started on this as I had a set on my Khs Ti-lite.

Attachments

• khsti1.jpg
    khsti1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 911
manitou916":1r9ihzsj said:
RAFbikes":1r9ihzsj said:
boxxer":1r9ihzsj said:

Are you sure bud? Pace certainly had a titanium look to the finish of their fork around that time which is what got me started on this as I had a set on my Khs Ti-lite.
Pace teamed up with Merlin ~1994 and they produced titanium RC30 fork legs... but this didn't get past the prototype stage.

Do you know the reason?

Back